NEW YORK, Powered by LawFuel — Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, today issued the following statement:
|On February 29, we detected unauthorized activity on our systems, which has been confirmed as a ransomware attack. As part of our comprehensive response plan, we immediately took our systems offline globally to contain the threat and began working with a third-party forensic firm to conduct an independent investigation.|
Our technical team is working closely with world class third-party experts to address this matter, and bring our systems back online in a secure manner, as quickly as possible.
Federal law enforcement authorities have also been informed and are involved in the investigation.
As always, protecting client and employee information is a critical priority for the company. At this time there is no evidence of any unauthorized transfer or misuse or exfiltration of any data in our possession.
Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, takes on large-scale, increasingly complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms, and business professionals with efficiency, clarity, and confidence. Clients rely on Epiq to streamline the administration of business operations, class action and mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and technologies create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to high-performing clients around the world.
Recent News on LawFuel
- Preparing For The Future of WorkBusiness law partner at Foley & Lardner, Silicon Valley, writes about the challenges of post-Pandemic workplaces and how […] More
- Mischon de Reya Moves Into Rich London Law Listing ModeHigh profile Mischon de Reya has approved its high-value public float plans Mischcon de Reya is one of […] More
- The 15-Hour Workdays And Ongoing Issue of Lawyer BurnoutLawyer burnout is a major problem for law firms globally, but it’s not an inevitability More
- Why Law Firm Profitability Matters More Than EverProfitability management of law firms combined with market price signaling are ultimately the critical tools Joseph Altonji* A […] More
- Power Lawyers – Yvette Ostolaza Named Chair-Elect of Sidley’s Management CommitteeDallas litigator Ostolaza is to take over as the chairwoman of the 2,000-lawyer firm’s management committee and the […] More
- Am Law 100 And The $4.8 Billion Top Listing Law Firm For Gross RevenueBut the top earning partners were at Wachtell Lipton at $7.5 million in profits per equity partner Greedy […] More
- Hedge Fund Co-Founder Arrested Over Alleged $40 Million FraudAudrey Strauss, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Philip R. Bartlett, Inspector-in-Charge […] More