NEW YORK, Powered by LawFuel — Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, today issued the following statement:
|On February 29, we detected unauthorized activity on our systems, which has been confirmed as a ransomware attack. As part of our comprehensive response plan, we immediately took our systems offline globally to contain the threat and began working with a third-party forensic firm to conduct an independent investigation.|
Our technical team is working closely with world class third-party experts to address this matter, and bring our systems back online in a secure manner, as quickly as possible.
Federal law enforcement authorities have also been informed and are involved in the investigation.
As always, protecting client and employee information is a critical priority for the company. At this time there is no evidence of any unauthorized transfer or misuse or exfiltration of any data in our possession.
Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, takes on large-scale, increasingly complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms, and business professionals with efficiency, clarity, and confidence. Clients rely on Epiq to streamline the administration of business operations, class action and mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and technologies create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to high-performing clients around the world.
Recent News on LawFuel
- Linklaters Set To Join The Ranks Of The Female Law Firm LeadersThree candidates left in the race to succeed Charlie Jacobs as Linklaters’ senior partner It looks like Magic […] More
- PageOne Legal eDiscovery Service Celebrate 15 years’ BusinessNASHVILLE, Tenn., Feb. 22, 2021 Powered by LawFuel — Page One Legal, an eDiscovery services and litigation support firm, celebrates an […] More
- The Legal 500 – Who Are 2021 New Zealand Power Law Firms on The Legal 500 Rankings?Watch For LawFuel’s Power List 2021 – Arriving Soon The Legal 500 is regarded by many as one […] More
- Big Law Firm ‘Pandemic Profits’ Continue With Strong GrowthThe Pandemic does not appear to have harmed too many Big Law Firms Big Law continues to report […] More
- Power Lawyer: Simon Watt Named Climate Change Law LeaderBell Gully partner Simon Watt has been reaffirmed as New Zealand’s leading climate change lawyer, following the release of the […] More
- Which Legal Software is Best? 9 Top Legal Software Tools Law Firms Need to Know About in 2021Searching for the best legal software is never easy. But we’ve taken a look at 9 key legal […] More
- Have Hackers Hacked Jones Day, The Privacy Law Experts?It’s an embarrassment for the privacy law firm if true. And we think it may be. A hacker […] More