Powered by LawFuel –Matthew Miller, Robert Nolan and Michael Fluhr join DLA Piper’s Litigation practice in Northern California
February 10, 2020 – DLA Piper announced today that Matthew Miller and Robert Nolan have joined the firm’s Litigation practice as partners in Northern California, based in the San Francisco office, and Michael Fluhr has joined as of counsel, also based in San Francisco.
Miller has extensive experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain matters, as well as complex business litigation and breach of contract and unfair competition matters, including misappropriation of intellectual property, business interference torts, breach of employment contracts and breach of joint venture agreements. His practice also includes a broad range of employment, product liability, real estate and construction litigation.
Nolan focuses on unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation and intellectual property disputes. He represents technology companies in commercial disputes and class action litigation. He also has broad experience representing companies in international disputes and arbitrations. He has served as outside general counsel to a family owned and operated business for many years, and he currently serves on the board of directors of OneJustice, a nonprofit legal services organization.
Fluhr focuses his practice on various types of complex commercial litigation, including in the fields of securities, blockchain and digital assets, and product liability.
“The addition of Matt, Rob and Michael to our practice will strengthen our commercial litigation capabilities considerably, as they bring experience successfully handling a wide range of disputes in areas that are top of mind for our clients now and will continue to be highly relevant in the future,” said James Brogan, co-chair of DLA Piper’s US Litigation practice.
“We are thrilled to be expanding our San Francisco-based team with the addition of these three accomplished litigators,” said Stephen Cowan, managing partner of the firm’s San Francisco office. “As we continue to grow our presence in Northern California, Matt, Rob and Michael will be valuable resources for clients operating in a wide range of sectors, and we are pleased to welcome them on board.”
Miller, Nolan and Fluhr join from Squire Patton Boggs. Miller received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. Nolan received his J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of Law and his B.A. from Tufts University. Fluhr received his J.D. from Harvard Law School and his B.S. from Pennsylvania State University.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- Freshfields Joins Slim Ranks of Big Law Firm Female Leaders As Gender Diversity Moves Slowly GrowDan Garner – Female law firm leadership ranks are growing – albeit slowly – but in the London law scene the first of the […]
- GM Launches $2 Billion Strategic Partnership with Electric Vehicle Pioneer NikolaPowered by LawFuel – Paul, Weiss is representing General Motors Co. in a strategic partnership with pioneering electric vehicle maker Nikola Corporation. Under the […]
- Megyn KellyThe LawFuel Lawyer Celebs List Former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly qualified in law in 1995 and became an associate in the Chicago office […]
- Gal GadotThe LawFuel Lawyer Celebs List Israeli actress Gal Gadot was Miss Israel in 2004 before serving her mandatory defence training as a fitness/combat readiness […]
- Racehorse Doping Charges: Defendants On “the supply side of a market of greed that continues to endanger racehorses through the sale of performance-enhancing drugs”.TWO PLEAD GUILTY TO RACEHORSE DOPING CHARGES Audrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that two […]
- Kramon & Graham boosts senior administrative team with new appointmentsPowered by LawFuel – Baltimore, MD (September 16, 2020) — Kramon & Graham, a leading law firm providing litigation, real estate, and transactional services, has […]
- Buchalter Expands Its Tax and Estate Planning Practices with the Addition of Two New Shareholders in Los Angeles and San DiegoPowered by LawFuel – Buchalter is pleased to announce the welcome additions of Joseph K. Fletcher III and Laura Lamb Nichols to its Tax […]
- 3 Strategies Lawyers Are Using Successfully to Prosper With Remote Working ConditionsJen Dezso* Remote working has proven to be largely a success — at least from the perspective of lawyer wellbeing. The impact of remote […]
- Big Law Belt Tightening Hits Both Younger & Older Lawyers as The Pandemic Bites Law FirmsIn the new era of COVID-invoked recession law firms are developing new strategies to cope with a downturn in work and revenues. Beyond furloughs, […]