Powered by LawFuel –Matthew Miller, Robert Nolan and Michael Fluhr join DLA Piper’s Litigation practice in Northern California
February 10, 2020 – DLA Piper announced today that Matthew Miller and Robert Nolan have joined the firm’s Litigation practice as partners in Northern California, based in the San Francisco office, and Michael Fluhr has joined as of counsel, also based in San Francisco.
Miller has extensive experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain matters, as well as complex business litigation and breach of contract and unfair competition matters, including misappropriation of intellectual property, business interference torts, breach of employment contracts and breach of joint venture agreements. His practice also includes a broad range of employment, product liability, real estate and construction litigation.
Nolan focuses on unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation and intellectual property disputes. He represents technology companies in commercial disputes and class action litigation. He also has broad experience representing companies in international disputes and arbitrations. He has served as outside general counsel to a family owned and operated business for many years, and he currently serves on the board of directors of OneJustice, a nonprofit legal services organization.
Fluhr focuses his practice on various types of complex commercial litigation, including in the fields of securities, blockchain and digital assets, and product liability.
“The addition of Matt, Rob and Michael to our practice will strengthen our commercial litigation capabilities considerably, as they bring experience successfully handling a wide range of disputes in areas that are top of mind for our clients now and will continue to be highly relevant in the future,” said James Brogan, co-chair of DLA Piper’s US Litigation practice.
“We are thrilled to be expanding our San Francisco-based team with the addition of these three accomplished litigators,” said Stephen Cowan, managing partner of the firm’s San Francisco office. “As we continue to grow our presence in Northern California, Matt, Rob and Michael will be valuable resources for clients operating in a wide range of sectors, and we are pleased to welcome them on board.”
Miller, Nolan and Fluhr join from Squire Patton Boggs. Miller received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. Nolan received his J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of Law and his B.A. from Tufts University. Fluhr received his J.D. from Harvard Law School and his B.S. from Pennsylvania State University.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- Brisbane Law Firm Accused Of Falsely Claiming Pay Reduction Was Due to COVIDA Brisbane law firm has been hit by an accusation from a former paralegal employee that the firm had dishonestly reduced her pay as […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough road in its antitrust lawsuit against Amazon Web Services (AWS), who suspended the service […] More
- The Twin Lawyers With Equal Passion For Maori Legal IssuesThe twin 23-year-old girls inspired by their non-lawyer father’s arguments for Maori Land Rights has seen them develop their respective legal careers, recently reported […] More
- Pandemic Drives Law Firm Mergers Down in 2020Law firm mergers have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Mergers dropped by 43 per cent last year as partners grappled with financial uncertainties […] More
- Fish & Richardson Elevates Its Most Diverse Principal Class EverBoston, MA, Jan. 5, 2021 – Fish & Richardson has elevated 14 attorneys to principals at the firm, effective January 1, 2021. The new principals in […] More
- Perkins Coie Announce Most Diverse Partner ClassSEATTLE (January 4, 2021) Powered by LawFuel —Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that 26 counsel and senior counsel have been promoted to partner. […] More
- The Lawyers’ Vacation Truce – It May Not Exist But 2021 Is Here With, Or Without ItWhen AbovetheLaw writer and lawyer Jordan Rothman wrote about a ‘holiday truce’ for lawyers, he may have signalled something that does occur at a […] More
- Law Firm Disrupter Keystone Picked As A Top 2021 StockKeystone Law is a so-called ‘platform-based’ law firm that lets offices work from home – surprise, surprise in a time of COVID – but […] More
- Simpson Grierson’s Russian Kiss Christmas Greeting – A Threat, A Writ and An OligarchJohn Bowie – It’s been an unusual year all round and readers will be looking forward to a better and more positive 2021 […] More