Powered by LawFuel –Matthew Miller, Robert Nolan and Michael Fluhr join DLA Piper’s Litigation practice in Northern California
February 10, 2020 – DLA Piper announced today that Matthew Miller and Robert Nolan have joined the firm’s Litigation practice as partners in Northern California, based in the San Francisco office, and Michael Fluhr has joined as of counsel, also based in San Francisco.
Miller has extensive experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain matters, as well as complex business litigation and breach of contract and unfair competition matters, including misappropriation of intellectual property, business interference torts, breach of employment contracts and breach of joint venture agreements. His practice also includes a broad range of employment, product liability, real estate and construction litigation.
Nolan focuses on unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation and intellectual property disputes. He represents technology companies in commercial disputes and class action litigation. He also has broad experience representing companies in international disputes and arbitrations. He has served as outside general counsel to a family owned and operated business for many years, and he currently serves on the board of directors of OneJustice, a nonprofit legal services organization.
Fluhr focuses his practice on various types of complex commercial litigation, including in the fields of securities, blockchain and digital assets, and product liability.
“The addition of Matt, Rob and Michael to our practice will strengthen our commercial litigation capabilities considerably, as they bring experience successfully handling a wide range of disputes in areas that are top of mind for our clients now and will continue to be highly relevant in the future,” said James Brogan, co-chair of DLA Piper’s US Litigation practice.
“We are thrilled to be expanding our San Francisco-based team with the addition of these three accomplished litigators,” said Stephen Cowan, managing partner of the firm’s San Francisco office. “As we continue to grow our presence in Northern California, Matt, Rob and Michael will be valuable resources for clients operating in a wide range of sectors, and we are pleased to welcome them on board.”
Miller, Nolan and Fluhr join from Squire Patton Boggs. Miller received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. Nolan received his J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of Law and his B.A. from Tufts University. Fluhr received his J.D. from Harvard Law School and his B.S. from Pennsylvania State University.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- How One Big Law Firm Is Working To Contain Coronavirus Financial Fallout66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Law firms are scrambling to hold costs and overheads in any way they can, […]
- David Lat Awaits Discharge From Hospital After Life-Threatening Coronavirus Treatment66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score David Lat, founder of the AbovetheLaw legal blog, realizes his lucky escape from the […]
- Another “Name-on-the-Door” Partner Out at Imploding Pierce Bainbridge Law Firm66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP, previously self-proclaimed as the […]
- Barristers Seeking Government Help During Pandemic66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Junior barristers are suffering from the current pandemic in multiple jurisdictions. In the UK […]
- Russell McVeagh Promotes Property & Consruction Lawyer to Partner66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – Property and construction expert Caleb Hensman has joined the Russell McVeagh partnership. […]
- Big Law Can Hit The Layoff Button As The Coronavirus Pandemic Bites66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The coronavirus has bitten the revenues and bottom lines for Big Law firms as […]
- IRS Warn of Coronavirus Scam66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Beware of scammers trying to get your personal informationor your COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment! […]
- Working From Home Has Its Challenges… Small Things Employers Can Do to Help66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score By Rebecca Hudson What’s the Problem: My daycare and commuting circumstances have changed and I would […]
- Smart Search launches dedicated anti-money laundering service for businesses adapting to remote working66 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Experts advise businesses to invest in automated AML platforms as workforces and customers move […]