London, July 2006 – LAWFUEL – Law News Network – Baker & McKenzie, the global law firm, has launched an on-line global dispute resolution information resource. There is no charge for this unique service, which is available to anyone via the Baker & McKenzie website (www.bakernet.com) or through the following link:
In-house counsel for global businesses face increasing risks of disputes outside their domestic jurisdictions. This service is designed to help counsel choose the best way to handle these disputes. ‘Dispute resolution around the world’ provides answers to questions such as ‘Will a Vietnamese court enforce an arbitration clause?’; ‘Is mediation familiar to businesses in Argentina?’
The site contains information on the legal systems of more than forty (40) countries, as far apart as Belarusse and Venezuela. Baker & McKenzie’s ‘dispute resolution around the world’ includes details of:
* the structure and authority of the various courts
* the organisation and practice requirements of the legal profession
* essentials of litigation, from commencement of proceedings to allocation of costs through appeals
* enforcement of judgements, including recognition and enforcement of foreign judgements
* arbitration law and options for alternative dispute resolution.