London – LAWFUEL – Law & Business News – Allen & Overy LLP is advising Petroplus Holdings AG on the USD 1.4 billion proposed acquisition of BP’s Coryton Refinery in Essex, UK. The transaction includes the adjacent bulk terminal and BP’s UK bitumen business which is closely integrated with the refinery. Subject to regulatory approval, completion is expected in mid-2007.
Petroplus Holdings AG is a leading independent refiner and wholesaler of petroleum products headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
The Allen & Overy team is being led by energy partner Tim Shilling, assisted by Helen Adair, Stephen Kubicki and Liz Brownsell.
Also advising on the transaction are:
· Environment associate Justin Pavry
· Pensions partner, Mervyn Parry, assisted by Caroline Brown
· CMT partner Colleen Keck, assisted by Catherine Manley
· Tax partner David Lewis, assisted by Peter Mendham, and Steffan Adfeldt
· Employment partner Julie Quinn assisted by Wendy Robinson, Stefan Green and Louise Lombard-Fitzgerald
Real estate partner Adam Cleal, assisted by Jonathan Wolinsky
Anti trust partner Mark Friend, assisted by Jatinder Gosal.
Tim Shilling commenting: ‘We are delighted to be advising Petroplus on this proposed acquisition, the first deal for them since the new management team has been in place, following their acquisition by The Carlyle Group.”
For further information, please contact Karen Levin ([email protected]) on +44 20 3088 4341.