MIAMI – Oct. 12, 2004 LAWFUEL – Law, legal, attorney, law firm news–The Miami office of Baker & McKenzie LLP recently announced a new management team to lead the Firm’s Miami office. Roy J. Larson, Esq., head of the Miami corporate and securities practice, was named the new managing partner and James H. Barrett, Esq., a partner in tax practice group, was named the new financial partner.
“I look forward to leading the Firm as we focus on expanding our presence in the South Florida, the Caribbean and Latin American markets,” said Larson, who has been with the Firm since 1999 and served as the financial partner during the 2003-2004 fiscal year.
The Firm, which opened its Miami office in 1984, moved last year to a larger office space in the Mellon Financial Center on Brickell Avenue.
Baker & McKenzie has been ranked as one of the Top 10 Corporate Law Firms in America for the past four years by Corporate Board Member magazine. The Miami office of Baker & McKenzie LLP concentrates in the practice areas of corporate, tax, litigation, white collar crime and international law.
Larson specializes in mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity offerings and corporate counseling. A native of New York, he earned his law degree from Columbia University and currently lives in Key Biscayne.
Barrett, who has been with the Firm since 1989, focuses his practice on inbound and outbound international tax planning with a focus on partnership tax issues. His practice also included state and local tax issues in Florida. He earned his law degree from the University of Chicago and his master’s degree from New York University. Born in New York and raised in Largo, FL, Barrett currently resides in Hollywood.
Photos available via e-mail.
Notes to Editors
* Since 1949, Baker & McKenzie has provided sophisticated advice and legal services to many of the world’s most dynamic and successful organizations. Helping clients understand and thrive in diverse legal, political, social and economic systems made us one of the world’s largest law firms – and the first to be truly ‘global’.
* We are a network of more than 3,100 locally qualified, internationally experienced lawyers and 5,200 other professionals and staff in 69 offices in 38 countries. We have the knowledge, experience and resources to deliver the broad scope of quality legal services clients require to respond to both international and local needs.
* Ours is a diverse culture with a global mindset. We are citizens of over 60 countries, admitted to practice in nearly 250 jurisdictions, and speak more than 70 languages.
* Global revenues for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004 exceeded US$1.228 billion.
* John Conroy is Chairman of the Executive Committee.
* More information about Baker & McKenzie can be found at http://www.bakernet.com.
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein with member law firms around the world. In accordance with the common terminology used in professional service organizations, reference to a “partner” means a person who is a partner, or equivalent, in such a law firm. Similarly, reference to an “office” means an office of any such law firm. The marketing disclaimer is required on all press releases. Any news relating to a particular member firm should be attributed to the specific member firm.
EV Clay Associates, Inc., Miami
Ivonne Perez, 305-261-6222, toll free 1-877-261-6222