Newport Beach, CA February 6, 2005 -LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – Richard M. (“Rick”) Sherman, Jr., of the law firm Irell & Manella LLP, has just been reappointed by the firm’s Executive Committee to a second three-year term as Managing Partner of the firm’s Newport Beach Office.
Sherman’s announcement comes as the firm celebrates the Newport Beach Office’s 25th year. Since 1979, Irell & Manella’s Newport Beach Office has established itself as a major force in the Orange County legal community, specializing in litigation, corporate, real estate and finance, creditor’s rights and insolvency, intellectual property, insurance, alternative dispute resolution and environmental law. Clients of the Newport Beach Office range from large publicly-held companies to sole proprietorships located not only in Orange County, but throughout the United States. In the past 25 years, the office has grown from 2 to more than 50 lawyers.
Rick Sherman joined Irell & Manella LLP immediately after graduating from Boalt Hall Law School in 1974. He has had a distinguished career primarily representing real estate developers and airlines in all aspects of their business including litigation, land development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, land planning, finance, environmental issues and insurance coverage. For five years, Sherman was the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the William Lyon Company. Rick has been a member of the Executive Committee for eight years, and managed the Newport Beach Office for the last two.
“I am very proud of the many accomplishments the Newport Beach Office has made and continues to make to the firm,” said Sherman. “I am delighted to continue leading the immensely talented lawyers in this office for another term.”
“I could not be happier on Rick’s reappointment,” said David Siegel, Managing Partner of the firm based in Century City. “We have a very fine group of lawyers down there and Rick has done a truly outstanding job of raising the visibility and prominence of the Newport Beach Office. He has been a tremendous asset to the firm and we are proud of the contributions he has made – and helps our office make – to the Orange County community as a whole.”
• One of the leading law firms in the United States, Irell & Manella LLP was founded in Los Angeles in 1941. Dedicated to excellence, the firm is a full-service commercial law partnership with a professional legal staff now comprising more than 227 attorneys, 86 of whom are partners.
• Irell and Manella was voted the “Best Law Firm in California to Work For” by law.com in 2003.
• For 2003, the firm was also voted #1 in IP by industry legal guide Chambers.
• The Newport Beach Office has always been a strong contributor to the Orange County community and provides pro bono legal services. It recently represented a volunteer at the Santa Ana homeless shelter, Catholic Worker, in litigation to keep the shelter open.
• For more information on Irell & Manella’s full range of professional legal services, visit the firm online at www.irell.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Shannon Hartigan / Liam Collopy
Account Executive / Account Director
Levine Communications Office
E: shartigan@LCOonline.com / lcollopy@LCOonline.com
T: 310.300.0950 x 234 / 232
LEVINE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE