in

Paris – June 16, 2005 – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – GE Security…

Paris – June 16, 2005 – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – GE Security Inc. has acquired the Swiss company VisioWave S.A. from TF1 and VisioWave’s four founders. TF1 held 80% of VisioWave, and its founders held the remaining 20%. Debevoise & Plimpton LLP advised GE Security, Inc. in connection with the acquisition.

The Debevoise team advising on the transaction included partners James A. Kiernan in London, Marc Castagnède in Paris and associate Jean-Robert Bousquet, also in Paris.

VisioWave S.A. is a Swiss company which specializes in digital video networking. It markets products for media and security applications.

TF1 is a diverse media group, which includes the leading French terrestrial channel, TF1, and over 20 cable and satellite channels (including Eurosport), a digital satellite platform and ADSL with TPS, as well as interactive services and audiovisual production.

GE Security Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) and specializes in electronic security. As an international, GE Security Inc is part of the GE Infrastructure division which operates in 27 countries (points of sale and technical support) and has production and distribution units in the USA, Europe, Australia and China.

Debevoise is a leading international law firm with offices in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Washington, Moscow, Hong Kong and Shanghai.

British MP George Galloway and his opponent the Daily Telegraph will leave no stone unturned to sort out what could be a spectacular libel case.