Piper Rudnick LLP, a leading national law firm, announced today that John Edwin Depke, formerly with Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, will join its New York office in the corporate group.
Mr. Depke focuses his practice on venture capital and private equity, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements, and general corporate representations. He has represented issuers and investors in over 75 venture capital and mezzanine investments in a range of industries. Mr. Depke has successfully consummated numerous M&A transactions and represents issuers and underwriters in public offerings and managed private placement transactions. He also provides broad corporate and securities advice to public and private companies, particularly those within the technology and healthcare industries.
Mr. Depke is a 1994 graduate of DePaul University College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif, and received his B.S. in 1989 from Miami University.
Over the past year, Piper Rudnick has experienced dramatic growth nationally and in its New York office, including:
· The January 2003 addition of over 30 real estate attorneys formerly of Hill & Barlow to the firm’s Boston office
· The February 2003 addition of nationally recognized real estate attorneys Pamela Westhoff and Linda Bozung to the firm’s Los Angeles office
· The July 2003 additions of well known litigators Mark Zauderer, David Nachman, and Jonathan Lupkin to the firm’s New York office
· The January 2004 addition of a San Francisco office via merger with Steinhart & Falconer, and
· The February 2004 addition of nine real estate lawyers, led by Martin Polevoy, to the New York office.