Former Meredith Connell and Russell McVeagh litigator Michael Thomas, who worked on major prosecution against Rolls Royce some years ago has joined Quay Chambers, Auckland.
He specialises in fraud law issues including anti-money laundering, internal investigations, professional discipline, regulatory proceedings, sports law, and health/medical law.
He has expertise in serious and complex investigations and prosecutions and also previously worked at the ASB Bank and the Serious Fraud Office.
He also worked for the United Kingdom Serious Fraud Office in London, where he worked on a global corruption investigation into Rolls-Royce PLC.
Rolls-Royce, Britain’s leading multinational manufacturer, was ordered to pay £671m in penalties after long-running investigations into claims it paid bribes to land export contracts.
He also worked on the prosecution of former solicitor John David Milne who ran Ponzi scheme involving the theft of $2.8 million and also prosecuted directors of Dominion Finance.
Latest NZ Law News
- Russell McVeagh has stepped up to assist women entrepreneurs with a new initiative to provide pro […]
- Nancy Myrland – The people, companies, and institutions you want to do business with, as well […]
- FAQ: Chapter 13 BankruptcyPros and Cons of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Individuals and married couples are eligible to file for […]
- Bankruptcy Law – FAQ10 Things You Should Know Before Filing For Bankruptcy At its core, bankruptcy is a complex […]
- How The Disputes Tribunal And Its Referees May Be Upstaging the Courts With Dispensing JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal has been at the forefront of dispute resolution in New Zealand since with […]
- Morrison & Foerster Included in Law360 Glass Ceiling Report on Law Firm Gender DiversityMorrison & Foerster has been included in Law360’s Glass Ceiling Report once again in 2020 for the […]
- Merchant Bank Head Pleads Guilty Over Multimillion Dollar Securities FraudAudrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced […]
- Woman Sentenced to 5 Years in Federal Prison for Role in Opioid Pill Mill that Shipped Narcotics from California to TexasNEWSRELEASE For Immediate Distribution October 22, 2020 Nicola T. HannaUnited States AttorneyCentral District of California Ciaran McEvoyPublic Information Officerciaran.email@example.com(213) […]