Former Meredith Connell and Russell McVeagh litigator Michael Thomas, who worked on major prosecution against Rolls Royce some years ago has joined Quay Chambers, Auckland.
He specialises in fraud law issues including anti-money laundering, internal investigations, professional discipline, regulatory proceedings, sports law, and health/medical law.
He has expertise in serious and complex investigations and prosecutions and also previously worked at the ASB Bank and the Serious Fraud Office.
He also worked for the United Kingdom Serious Fraud Office in London, where he worked on a global corruption investigation into Rolls-Royce PLC.
Rolls-Royce, Britain’s leading multinational manufacturer, was ordered to pay £671m in penalties after long-running investigations into claims it paid bribes to land export contracts.
He also worked on the prosecution of former solicitor John David Milne who ran Ponzi scheme involving the theft of $2.8 million and also prosecuted directors of Dominion Finance.
Latest NZ Law News
- Why Decorum Still Matters, Even In A ‘Zoom Court’Ken Broda-Bahm At this point, I will wager that we’ve all seen the hilarious video from the 394th Judicial […] More
- Litify Named by LawFuel, the Industry-Leading Legal Publication, as #1 in Practice Management Software for Law Firms, In-House Counsel, Government Entities and NonprofitsPrestigious “top pick” ranking follows a year of explosive growth for Litify across law firms, in-house […] More
- What Do Legal Professionals Expect To Be The Biggest Legal Tech Trends in 2021?What are the biggest trends in legal tech in 2021? What are the types of technologies […] More
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died this week. A […] More
- LawFuel’s 2020 New Zealand Lawyer of the YearLawyer of the Year Sponsors LexisNexis New Zealand Staedtler – The pens successful lawyers use […] More
- ‘Cutting Edge’ Cryptocurrency Scheme Just Fake, Says US Attorney As Executive Gets 8 Years JailIlan T. Graff, the Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. […] More
- “Tremendously Talented” Former Cravath Partner Johnny Skumpija Joins SidleySidley Austin has taken on high profile former Cravath Capital Markets lawyer Johnny Skumpija in an […] More
- UK Law Survey Shows COVID-19 Widens Gap Between City and Regional Law FirmsThe pandemic has created major changes and, in some cases, opportunities for the legal profession, but […] More