Former Meredith Connell and Russell McVeagh litigator Michael Thomas, who worked on major prosecution against Rolls Royce some years ago has joined Quay Chambers, Auckland.
He specialises in fraud law issues including anti-money laundering, internal investigations, professional discipline, regulatory proceedings, sports law, and health/medical law.
He has expertise in serious and complex investigations and prosecutions and also previously worked at the ASB Bank and the Serious Fraud Office.
He also worked for the United Kingdom Serious Fraud Office in London, where he worked on a global corruption investigation into Rolls-Royce PLC.
Rolls-Royce, Britain’s leading multinational manufacturer, was ordered to pay £671m in penalties after long-running investigations into claims it paid bribes to land export contracts.
He also worked on the prosecution of former solicitor John David Milne who ran Ponzi scheme involving the theft of $2.8 million and also prosecuted directors of Dominion Finance.
Latest NZ Law News
- Share Contact Contact Firm Firm Details Home Practice Areas Lawyers Latest News & Publications Offices TweetSharePinShareShare0 […]
- The Hollywood Law Dozen – The Heavy Hitting ‘Big Deal’ Entertainment LawyersLawyers have always been a major part of the Hollywood scene and always will be as […]
- The Retiring Lawyer – Is There An Age Discrimination Issue Here?An Australian case involving one of the Big Four accounting firms has raised the issue of […]
- Acting US Attorney for Southern District On Non-Compliance With Rikers Consent Judgment re NYC JailsAudrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced today […]
- Paul Coleman – When a person is convicted of a Driving Under the Influence, they are […]
- Powered by LawFuel – 03 August 2020 – Foley & Lardner LLP announced today that Stephen Meli […]
- New Zealand pathology business to be acquired by NZ Super and Ontario Teachers’ Pension PlanHealthscope has agreed to the sale of its New Zealand pathology business, Asia Pacific Healthcare Group […]
- Chapman Tripp is not only moving offices to the swanky new Commercial Bay development in Auckland […]