Thomson Geer has raided yet another Big Law global firm by taking three partners and eight others from DLA Piper, hard on the heels of the Adelaide-based law firm’s Brisbane raid on Dentons.
Thomson Geer raided 20 fee earners from Dentons in July. The raid on DLA Piper focused on M&A lawyers.
The DLA Piper partners are Scott Gibson, Marc Wilshaw and Michael Bowen who have worked on a reported 27 capital market deals worth $1.3 billion last year.
Thomson Geer has 116 partners around Australia and is clearly on an aggressive growth path and Chief Executive Adrian Tembel has reportedly been planning the raid for some time, to boost the M&A capacity of the firm’s west coast team with its east coast M&A capability.
The Dentons raid took all of the firm’s Brisbane-based partners.
Read More on LawFuel News
- 5 Partnership Announcements From Gilbert + TobinGilbert + Tobin is set to consolidate its strong performance throughout 2020 appointing five new […]
- RoboDebt Class Action Settles At Court Door For $112 Million6 November 2020 – Gordon Legal announces today the settlement of the Robodebt Class Action, subject […]
- ‘Fake News’, Says Jones Day Over US Election Voter Fraud Challenge . . But The News RemainsThe chaotic US election has been enveloped in the ‘voter fraud’ controversy, which has also […]
- Allens Launches Legal Accelerator & Seeks New ApplicationsAllens is seeking applications for its new legal accelerator, Auctus – Allens Legal Accelerator, launched today […]
- The Rock ‘n Roll Aussie Tax Lawyer Who Has Cooked Up A Global Tax StormAustralian tax lawyer and rock singer Patrick Flynn, once a quiet suburban lawyer, has been […]