Thomson Geer has raided yet another Big Law global firm by taking three partners and eight others from DLA Piper, hard on the heels of the Adelaide-based law firm’s Brisbane raid on Dentons.
Thomson Geer raided 20 fee earners from Dentons in July. The raid on DLA Piper focused on M&A lawyers.
The DLA Piper partners are Scott Gibson, Marc Wilshaw and Michael Bowen who have worked on a reported 27 capital market deals worth $1.3 billion last year.
Thomson Geer has 116 partners around Australia and is clearly on an aggressive growth path and Chief Executive Adrian Tembel has reportedly been planning the raid for some time, to boost the M&A capacity of the firm’s west coast team with its east coast M&A capability.
The Dentons raid took all of the firm’s Brisbane-based partners.
Read More on LawFuel News
- AUCKLAND, New Zealand, September 16, 2020 – Anti-money laundering tech startup First AML has raised NZ$8 million in […]
- The impending insolvency crisis in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic raises key questions for […]
- The startling fall from grace of blue-blooded Melbourne SC Norman O’Bryan, a barrister of such […]
- Australian Law Firms More Resilient Than Others in The Face of the PandemicThe global pandemic has affected Australian law firms less than many others globally, although it […]
- Second Aggressive Raid By Adelaide-Based Law Firm Takes Partners From Yet Another Global Big Law PlayerThomson Geer has raided yet another Big Law global firm by taking three partners and […]