Thomson Geer has raided yet another Big Law global firm by taking three partners and eight others from DLA Piper, hard on the heels of the Adelaide-based law firm’s Brisbane raid on Dentons.
Thomson Geer raided 20 fee earners from Dentons in July. The raid on DLA Piper focused on M&A lawyers.
The DLA Piper partners are Scott Gibson, Marc Wilshaw and Michael Bowen who have worked on a reported 27 capital market deals worth $1.3 billion last year.
Thomson Geer has 116 partners around Australia and is clearly on an aggressive growth path and Chief Executive Adrian Tembel has reportedly been planning the raid for some time, to boost the M&A capacity of the firm’s west coast team with its east coast M&A capability.
The Dentons raid took all of the firm’s Brisbane-based partners.
Read More on LawFuel News
- Australian-Listed Law Firms Announce ResultsTwo of the firms listed on the ASX have announced their financial results for the […] More
- Lawyers And Judges Send Open Letter to Attorney General Opposing “Flawed Bill” To Abolish Family CourtMore than 155 stakeholders in Australia’s family law system have now signed an Open Letter […] More
- The Australian Bitcoin Mogul’ at The Center of A Crypto ScandalThe bitcoin world continues to turn itself on its head with tales of massive, near-instant […] More
- New Australian IP Property Law Firm Sets UpThere’s a new IP property law firm on the Australian block. Formed by former partners […] More
- Australian law jobs – How Much Do Australian Lawyers Earn?Sign on bonuses and good salaries show Australian law jobs are in good space notwithstanding […] More