Thomson Geer has raided yet another Big Law global firm by taking three partners and eight others from DLA Piper, hard on the heels of the Adelaide-based law firm’s Brisbane raid on Dentons.
Thomson Geer raided 20 fee earners from Dentons in July. The raid on DLA Piper focused on M&A lawyers.
The DLA Piper partners are Scott Gibson, Marc Wilshaw and Michael Bowen who have worked on a reported 27 capital market deals worth $1.3 billion last year.
Thomson Geer has 116 partners around Australia and is clearly on an aggressive growth path and Chief Executive Adrian Tembel has reportedly been planning the raid for some time, to boost the M&A capacity of the firm’s west coast team with its east coast M&A capability.
The Dentons raid took all of the firm’s Brisbane-based partners.
Read More on LawFuel News
- LegalTech Startup LawVu Raised Millions As Kiwi Entrepreneur Eyes US In-House Legal MarketKiwi legaltech startup LawVu, a collaboration tool for in-house legal teams, has raised $2.5 million […] More
- Law Firm Gender Equality – Ashurst Appoint 14 Partners With Three-Quarters Being WomenThe move towards gender equality in law firms continues with the latest announcement from law […] More
- The Disillusionment of Human Rights Barrister Geoffrey Robertson QC . . But The Battles ContinueGeoffrey Roberton QC is one of the world’s most famous barristers – certainly Australia’s most […] More
- Described As ‘Over The Hill’ Criminal Barrister Wins Defamation Case Against Daily TelegraphSeventy-two year old Sydney criminal barrister Chris Murphy was described in a Daily Telegraph article […] More
- Former MinterEllison M&A Partner Joins Squire Patton BoggsPowered by LawFuel – The momentum continues to build at Squire Patton Boggs, with the […] More