Two of New Plymouth’s oldest law firms are to merge next year, involviong over 50 staff between them.
RMY Legal, which has five partners, is to merge with Billings Lawyers, a four partner/director firm, are to merge next April a joint statement from the firms announced.
“We both share similar values and have highly experienced and well-regarded lawyers and staff,” they said.
“This merger into one new law firm will help us strengthen out people-focused culture.”
Among the largest firms in Taranaki are Govett Quilliam, with seven partners and Auld Brewer (5 partners).
- Another Law Firm for Kim DotcomInternet entrerpreneur Kim Dotcom’s ongoing battle to avoid extradition to the United States has seen a number of lawyers appearing for him in the […] More
- If 2020 Was Tough for Kiwi Lawyers – It May Have Been Even More Tough for The NZ Law SocietyLaw Society Posts a $3 Million Loss after a ‘challenging year’ The Law Society has posted a $3 million loss last year after five […] More
- The 15-Hour Workdays And Ongoing Issue of Lawyer BurnoutLawyer burnout is a major problem for law firms globally, but it’s not an inevitability More
- ‘You’re The Reason God Gave Us a Middle Finger’ – Abusive Emails Achieve Suspension For LawyerLaw Society Tribunal suspends lawyer for misconduct over abusive emails sent to litigant From the NZ Law Society – John Paul Schlooz has accepted […] More
- Buddle Findlay’s #MeToo Moment – Concern Over Claim of Big Law Partner’s Inappropriate ConductDespite the furore over the Russell McVeagh conduct that is now – some three years later – wending its way through a Law Society […] More
- Duncan Cotterill Expands to Queenstown & Secures Major Property ClientDuncan Cotterill has opened a Queenstown office with the acquisition of Mackersy Legal, from the beginning of April. Mackersy Legal specialises in property syndication […] More
- NZ Law News – New Partners at Greenwood RocheNational specialist projects firm, Greenwood Roche, has announced that Mark Anderson and Antonia Shanahan will be joining the firm’s partnership on 1 April 2021. […] More