The law firms making the most from legal aid in the last reported year.
Top national legal aid recipients 2018/19
New Zealand’s legal aid bill last year was almost $180 million.
A total of 1247 legal aid providers were funded in the last reported year in New Zealand, with 0.6 per cent taking $1 million or more in legal aid payments.
The largest proportion of legal aid suppliers, over 28 per cent, received between $100,000 and $199,999.
1. Tamaki Legal (Auckland) – $1.95m
2. Cooper Legal (Wellington) – $1.75m
3. Lance Lawson (Rotorua) – $1.72m
4. Woodward Chrisp Lawyers (Gisborne) – $1.51m
5. Ebborn Law Ltd (Christchurch) – $1.24m
6. Te Mata Law (Hawkes Bay) – $1.21m
7. Annette Sykes (Auckland) – $1.18m
8. Thode Utting (Auckland) – $1.17m