5 June 2011 – San Diego Super Lawyers® has selected thirty attorneys from Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP, a prominent California law firm with a national reputation, for inclusion in its 2011 edition.
The Luce Forward attorneys listed in Super Lawyers are: Robert J. Bell, Charles A. Bird, Callie A. Bjurstrom, John T. Brooks, James M. Cowley, R. Randal Crispen, Charles A. Danaher, Barry C. Fitzpatrick, Mary F. Gillick, Roger C. Haerr, Mark Hagarty, Christopher J. Healey, Phillip L. Jelsma, Carol K. Kao, Kurt L. Kicklighter, Peter H. Klee, Phillip L. Kossy, Lawrence J. Kouns, Robert A. Levy, Mark L. Mann, Stephen L. Marsh, Louis A. Mezzullo, Ronald W. Rouse, Nancy T. Scull, Scott W. Sonne, Robert G. Steiner, Kenneth J. Stipanov, Edward Patrick Swan Jr., Frederick R. Vandeveer and Steven S. Wall.
Five of the lawyers named to the list received top honors. Charles Bird, Mary F. Gillick, Peter H. Klee and Louis A. Mezzullo were among the Top 50 attorneys listed by Super Lawyers and Mary F. Gillick and Carol K. Kao were among the Top 25 Women attorneys listed. Top honors are bestowed upon attorneys receiving the highest point totals in all three steps of the selection process in their respective categories.
• Charles A. Bird was selected in the Appellate category.
• Lawrence Kouns, Robert G. Steiner and Edward Patrick Swan, Jr. were selected in the Business Litigation category.
• Luce Forward’s Managing Partner Kurt L. Kicklighter was selected in the Banking category.
• Roger C. Haerr was selected in the Construction Litigation category.
• R. Randal Crispen was selected in the Civil Litigation Defense category.
• Phillip L. Kossy and Robert A. Levy were selected in the Employment & Labor category.
• Stephen L. Marsh was selected in the Environmental Litigation category.
• James M. Cowley, Barry C. Fitzpatrick, Mary F. Gillick, Carol K. Kao, Louis A. Mezzullo and Frederick R. Vandeveer were selected in the Estate Planning & Probate category.
• John T. Brooks, Charles A. Danaher, Peter H. Klee and Scott W. Sonne were selected in the Insurance Coverage category.
• Robert J. Bell, Mark Hagarty, Ronald W. Rouse, Nancy T. Scull, Kenneth J. Stipanov and Steven S. Wall were selected in the Real Estate category.
• Phillip L. Jelsma and Mark L. Mann were selected in the Tax category.
• Christopher J. Healey was selected in the Class Action/Mass Torts category.
• Callie A. Bjurstrom was selected in the Intellectual Property Litigation category.
The selection of Super Lawyers is based on a three-step process in which more than 10,000 San Diego-based attorneys are invited to participate in a survey and then asked to nominate outstanding attorneys based on their actions both in and out of the courtroom. Nominations are reviewed and selected attorneys are then grouped by practice area and asked to participate in a peer evaluation panel.
Published by Law & Politics, San Diego Super Lawyers is a comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys, featuring the top five percent of attorneys in San Diego County.
Founded in 1873, Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP is a full-service California law firm with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Carmel Valley/Del Mar, Orange County, and Rancho Santa Fe. For more information, visit www.luce.com.