The shock resignation of National Party leader Todd Muller prompted Law Society President Tiana Epati to express support for his decision at an obvious time of crisis for the former leader.
Writing on LinkedIn Ms Epati sympathized with the pressures of leadership saying “I hope as a country we are supportive of a man who was honest enough, and brave enough, to let us know he was not ok.”
She referred to the courage required to make a decision such s that taken by Todd Muller.
“It takes great courage to put your personal health and whanau first when there is immense pressure to keep ‘fronting’. Leadership is hard in the face of constant criticism. Irrespective of anyone’s political views and opinions . . “
Recently on LawFuel NZ
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died […] More
- The New Zealand Law Profession’s Unceremonious ‘Third Anniversary’ Of Workplace Bullying & HarassmentJohn Bowie* It’s an anniversary that the New Zealand law profession would rather […] More
- Otago All-Women Law Firm Celebrate International Women’s DayIt’s on 8 March, in case you didn’t know, but for Dunedin law […] More
- Chapman Tripp’s New Patent Law PlayThere’s been a lot happening in the patent law area in recent years […] More
- JunoLegal Grows With Another NZ In-House Counsel HireNew Law firm Juno Legal has recruited another senior New Zealand In-house Counsel […] More
- What’s Happening At Meredith Connell With Its Litigator Departures?Why are litigators departing from Meredith Connell? More
- Supreme Court Remits Kim Dotcom & Associates’ Case To Court of AppealThe US Government and Kim Dotcom Agree On One Thing At Least . […] More