The shock resignation of National Party leader Todd Muller prompted Law Society President Tiana Epati to express support for his decision at an obvious time of crisis for the former leader.
Writing on LinkedIn Ms Epati sympathized with the pressures of leadership saying “I hope as a country we are supportive of a man who was honest enough, and brave enough, to let us know he was not ok.”
She referred to the courage required to make a decision such s that taken by Todd Muller.
“It takes great courage to put your personal health and whanau first when there is immense pressure to keep ‘fronting’. Leadership is hard in the face of constant criticism. Irrespective of anyone’s political views and opinions . . “
Recently on LawFuel NZ
- The Retiring Lawyer – Is There An Age Discrimination Issue Here?An Australian case involving one of the Big Four accounting firms has raised […]
- New Zealand pathology business to be acquired by NZ Super and Ontario Teachers’ Pension PlanHealthscope has agreed to the sale of its New Zealand pathology business, Asia […]
- Chapman Tripp is not only moving offices to the swanky new Commercial Bay […]
- SFO welcomes court decision enforcing its secrecy requirementsThe Serious Fraud Office has welcomed a court decision confirming the confidentiality of […]
- Court of Appeal Hear Grace Millane Murder Accused’s Trial MiscarriedThe man found guilty of the murder of Grace Millane is having his […]
- In a surprise move, well known corporate lawyer and name partner at his […]
- Maurice Blackburn Lawyers has rolled out an artificial intelligence-infused solution that cuts the […]