The shock resignation of National Party leader Todd Muller prompted Law Society President Tiana Epati to express support for his decision at an obvious time of crisis for the former leader.
Writing on LinkedIn Ms Epati sympathized with the pressures of leadership saying “I hope as a country we are supportive of a man who was honest enough, and brave enough, to let us know he was not ok.”
She referred to the courage required to make a decision such s that taken by Todd Muller.
“It takes great courage to put your personal health and whanau first when there is immense pressure to keep ‘fronting’. Leadership is hard in the face of constant criticism. Irrespective of anyone’s political views and opinions . . “
Recently on LawFuel NZ
- Russell McVeagh has stepped up to assist women entrepreneurs with a new initiative […]
- How The Disputes Tribunal And Its Referees May Be Upstaging the Courts With Dispensing JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal has been at the forefront of dispute resolution in New […]
- The LawFuel Gender Survey: New Zealand’s Most Female-Friendly Big Law Firms in 2020 […]
- Bell Gully chair Anna Buchly has won the 2020 INFINZ Hunter Campbell Diversity and Inclusion […]
- Fast-Growing Asia-Pacific Law Firm To Expand Operations in New ZealandLegalVision, Asia-Pacific’s fastest-growing law firm, has announced plans to expand its operations into […]
- The bitter legal battle between Owen Glenn and Eric Watson has resulted in […]
- The nightmare election result for the National Party may have been anticipated by […]