Winston Peters has called upon Australia to take home the mosque shooter who was today sentenced to life imprisonment.
The New Zealand First Leader issued a press statement applauding the maximum sentence saying the judgement was the only one that matched “the depravity of the terrorist’s crimes against the Islamic community.”
“New Zealand First also believes this terrorist should be returned to the country that raised him.
“Now is the time for Australia’s Minister of Home Affairs, Peter Dutton, to receive and carry out the terrorist’s sentence in Australia,” Mr Peters said.
“The Islamic community and all of New Zealand has already suffered enough without having to pay astronomical prison costs to keep him safe in our prison system.
- MBIE Say Remote Working Putting Organisations at risk of Ransomware
- NSW Law Society Guide Models Best Workplace Practice for Legal ProfessionThe Law Society of NSW has released a guide to help NSW law firms and legal practices identify and eliminate discrimination and …
- Controversial Australian Law Firm Proposes Anti-Jab Fight In $10 Million FundraiseAustralian law firm proposes class action lawsuit over anti-vax order
- How To Create a Positive Company Culture and Prioritize Employee SatisfactionBusiness leaders look at the key characteristics helping to build business success Ray Bharara* Company culture goes far beyond buzzwords and free …
- Pro Bono Partner Promoted At Ireland’s Largest Law FirmMatheson, Ireland’s largest law firm, has appointed Niamh Counihan as Pro Bono Partner. Niamh will dedicate 50% of her professional time specifically to pro …
- NZ Law Society’s New President From DLA Piper Has Work To Do