Winston Peters has called upon Australia to take home the mosque shooter who was today sentenced to life imprisonment.
The New Zealand First Leader issued a press statement applauding the maximum sentence saying the judgement was the only one that matched “the depravity of the terrorist’s crimes against the Islamic community.”
“New Zealand First also believes this terrorist should be returned to the country that raised him.
“Now is the time for Australia’s Minister of Home Affairs, Peter Dutton, to receive and carry out the terrorist’s sentence in Australia,” Mr Peters said.
“The Islamic community and all of New Zealand has already suffered enough without having to pay astronomical prison costs to keep him safe in our prison system.
- How Many Lawyers Are There In The United States?. . or is the law a dying profession? It may surprise some to know that the United States attorney population has […] More
- Sharon Osborne Hire’s Hollywood Heavyweight Lawyer Jeremiah Reynolds Following ‘The Talk’ RowSharon Osborne has hired a top gun Hollywood lawyer to represent her after her falling out over The Talk show when she […] More
- Chapman Tripp Named 2021 Chambers Asia Pacific NZ Law Firm of the YearChapman Tripp has been recognised at the 2021 Chambers Asia Pacific Awards as New Zealand Law Firm of the Year. The Chambers […] More
- Lawyer’s Conduct Amounted to Sexual Harassment, Law Society Committee SaysA Standards Committee has found there was unsatisfactory conduct by a lawyer, L, for conduct amounting to sexual harassment. The finding followed […] More
- Wakefields Adds New Lawyers to TeamAmy Webster (Senior Associate) joined the Wakefields Lawyers Team in 2019, specialising in employment law, commercial law, and general dispute resolution. Amy […] More
- The $2000-Plus An Hourly Charge Out Rate For Former US Attorney General Eric Holder Reflects Growing Billing RatesHourly charge out rates for lawyers have continued to rise rapidly, but for former US Attorney General, now a partner at Covington […] More