Powered by LawFuel – Partners Nigel Blackaby and Noah Rubins from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (‘Freshfields’) have been appointed Queen’s Counsel by Her Majesty The Queen on the advice of the Lord Chancellor, Robert Buckland QC MP, following consideration by the independent Queen’s Counsel Selection Panel.
The award of Queen’s Counsel (also known as silk) is for excellence in advocacy and is made to advocates who have rights of audience in the higher courts of England and Wales and who have demonstrated the competencies in the requisite framework to a standard of excellence.
“This is a wonderful achievement that recognizes Nigel and Noah’s careers as leading advocates within our market leading arbitration practice” said Freshfields head of dispute resolution, Andrew Hart. “ Nigel and Noah have been ground breaking advocates leading multi-disciplinary teams in winning some of the highest profile international arbitrations involving Latin America and the Former Soviet Union” added Boris Kasolowsky, co-head of global arbitration.
Noah and Nigel will formally become silks when they make their declaration before the Lord Chancellor at a ceremony on 16 March 2020 at Westminster Hall. Together with Nigel Rawding QC, Peter Turner QC and Ben Juratowitch QC, the firm now counts five silks in its ranks.
Nigel was promoted to partner in 2001 and is co-head of the firm’s international arbitration and Latin America practices, based in Washington DC, where he is also an adjunct professor of international law at American University. “Noah was promoted to partner in 2010. He is head of the arbitration practice in Paris and leads the firm’s worldwide CIS/Russia dispute resolution group.”
Recent Posts on LawFuel
- Clifford Chance Advise Lloyds on Insurance-Linked Securities PlatformClifford Chance advises Lloyd’s on the establishment of the ground-breaking insurance linked securities platform approved by the […] More
- London Real Estate Lawyer Joins Gibson Dunn From Herbert Smith FreehillsGibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP is pleased to announce that Robert Carr will join the firm as […] More
- Formidable British QC Agrees To Prosecute Hong Kong ProtestersDavid Perry QC is regarded as one of Britain’s most formidable Queens’ Counsel, handling a diverse range […] More
- Bracewell Adds Renewable Energy Trio in LondonLONDON, Jan. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Bracewell (UK) LLP announced today that Tom Jamieson, Jo En Low and Gordon Stewart have joined the London office as partners in […] More
- The Lasting Litigation Legacy Left By A Leading QC – For Litigators EverywhereThe death on Christmas eve of one of Britain’s leading barristers, Edmund King QC, was an untimely […] More