Powered by LawFuel – Partners Nigel Blackaby and Noah Rubins from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (‘Freshfields’) have been appointed Queen’s Counsel by Her Majesty The Queen on the advice of the Lord Chancellor, Robert Buckland QC MP, following consideration by the independent Queen’s Counsel Selection Panel.
The award of Queen’s Counsel (also known as silk) is for excellence in advocacy and is made to advocates who have rights of audience in the higher courts of England and Wales and who have demonstrated the competencies in the requisite framework to a standard of excellence.
“This is a wonderful achievement that recognizes Nigel and Noah’s careers as leading advocates within our market leading arbitration practice” said Freshfields head of dispute resolution, Andrew Hart. “ Nigel and Noah have been ground breaking advocates leading multi-disciplinary teams in winning some of the highest profile international arbitrations involving Latin America and the Former Soviet Union” added Boris Kasolowsky, co-head of global arbitration.
Noah and Nigel will formally become silks when they make their declaration before the Lord Chancellor at a ceremony on 16 March 2020 at Westminster Hall. Together with Nigel Rawding QC, Peter Turner QC and Ben Juratowitch QC, the firm now counts five silks in its ranks.
Nigel was promoted to partner in 2001 and is co-head of the firm’s international arbitration and Latin America practices, based in Washington DC, where he is also an adjunct professor of international law at American University. “Noah was promoted to partner in 2010. He is head of the arbitration practice in Paris and leads the firm’s worldwide CIS/Russia dispute resolution group.”
Recent Posts on LawFuel
- UK Legal Industry Reaches All-Time High in 2019Powered by LawFuel – The UK Legal Industry generated revenues of £37.1bn in 2019, up 4.8% on … Read more
- Cooley Add Capital Markets Lawyer From Latham & WatkinsPowered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner … Read more
- Clifford Chance listed 19th in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers List for 2020Powered by LawFuel – International law firm Clifford Chance has been ranked 19th in this year's Stonewall … Read more
- Latham & Watkins Target More Law Firms To Boost Emerging Companies PracticeLatham & Watkins' London office has continued its hiring spree, targeting two 'mid-market' law firms with new … Read more
- Partner expulsion case offers lessons to LLP firms and their partnersKingsley Napley – Just before Christmas, the High Court ruled on a dispute regarding the expulsion of … Read more