Washington, DC – LAWFUEL – Law News Network – July 25, 2006 – Michael A. Hordell, a partner with Pepper Hamilton LLP who concentrates his practice in government contracts matters, will become chair of the American Bar Association’s Section of Public Contract Law at the ABA’s annual meeting in Hawaii in early August.
Mr. Hordell has long been an active member of the ABA’s Section of Public Contract Law. In addition to serving as chair-elect in 2005-06, he also serves as chair of its Books and Monographs Committee and is a member of the Bid Protest and Health Care Contracting committees. He was a member of the Section’s Governing Council in the mid-1990s and an associate editor of the Public Contract Law Journal from 1986 through 1998.
Mr. Hordell is a partner in Pepper Hamilton’s Washington office. He advises small and large business clients on a range of government contracts issues. Earlier in his career, he served as procurement counsel at the General Accounting Office (now known as the U.S. Government Accountability Office), where he advised GAO’s Offices of General Services and Controller, Budget, Information Systems and Services, and Administrative and Publishing Services on procurement matters.
The ABA’s Section of Public Contract Law (www.abanet.org/contract/home.html) advocates excellence in acquisition policy and procurement law. It seeks to improve public procurement and grant law at the federal, state and local levels and promote the professional development of attorney and associate members in public procurement law. The Section has a structured committee system and educational and training programs that welcome and encourage member involvement and foster opportunities for members.
Pepper Hamilton LLP (www.pepperlaw.com) is a multi-practice law firm with 400 lawyers in six states and the District of Columbia. The firm provides corporate, litigation and regulatory legal services to leading businesses, governmental entities, nonprofit organizations and individuals throughout the nation and the world. The firm was founded in 1890.