A Webinar for Labor Professionals
On June 26, the Senate voted 51-48 to defeat a “Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed to Consider the Employee Free Choice Act.” In the wake of this defeat (for now) of EFCA, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP, Kreitzman Mortensen & Borden, and the National Association of Manufacturers will co-host a 90-minute webinar to discuss labor issues on the horizon.
• Richard Hankins, head of Kilpatrick Stockton’s Labor & Employment law practice and editor of the EFCA Updates blog
• Jason Straczewski, Employment & Labor Policy Director for the National Association of Manufacturers
• Seth Borden, a partner at Kreitzman Mortensen & Borden and editor of The Union-Free Employer blog
Thursday, August 2
11:00 AM — 12:30 PM
To register or for more information, please contact Elizabeth Romig at [email protected] or (404) 532-6875.
• THE FUTURE OF THE EMPLOYEE FREE CHOICE ACT
• PENDING FEDERAL/STATE LEGISLATION REGARDING LABOR-MANAGEMENT RELATIONS
From the RESPECT Act and the confirmation of NLRB appointees in Congress to efforts in state legislatures to limit opposition to organizing, union lobbyists remain on the offensive.
• WHAT UNIONS WANT FROM THE NEXT PRESIDENT
Labor has made it clear that it expects the next President to support its agenda.
• THE FUTURE OF THE NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
Two of President Bush’s appointees to the NLRB are nearing the end of their terms. With a number of controversial issues pending, shifts in the Board’s composition could have a dramatic impact .
• OTHER PENDING FEDERAL LEGISLATION AFFECTING EMPLOYERS
The Democratic Congress continues to consider such issues as genetic-information discrimination, expanded FMLA leave, paycheck discrimination, ADA reform, and more.
MEDIA CONTACT: Anne Louise Atkinson, Kilpatrick Stockton, 404.532.6898List your legal jobs on the LawFuel Network