The largest law firm in the world by head count – Dentons – has established itself in New Zealand this week with its association with Kensington Swan, now known as Dentons Kensington Swan.
Dentons has over 11,000 lawyers globally and covers the globe more than any other firm.
Kensington Swan is now the second New Zealand law firm with formalised links to a global legal giant, the first being DLA Piper Phillips Fox who aligned with DLA Piper in a deal in 2008.
Although the deal with Kensington Swan does not involve a purchase by Dentons the local firm retains its local partisanship and remains locally owned to all intents and purposes, as the firm said in a release issued today.
Dentons has been firmly following an acquisition trail for the past few years and has expanded strongly in the Asia Pacific region, including from previous combinations in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
With its offices in Auckland and Wellington, Dentons can now connect clients to a team of 113 lawyers in New Zealand the firm has expanded rapidly and offers a full array of client services.
Read: Who ARE Dentons?
Recently on LawFuel
- Australia’s Most Female-Friendly Law FirmMoray & Agnew the most female-friendly law firm in Australia according to a report in the Australian Financial Review. The insurance specialists promoted five partners and six senior associates the AFR reports. The firm’s […]
- Immigration Law Firm Pushes Back on Home Work & Gets Slapped By UnionAuckland immigration lawyers Loga Pullar who “meet the dynamic needs of their clients” has been heavily criticised for a job advertisement requiring “98 per cent physical attendance.” No working from […]
- Bar Association Welcomes Return of Lawyers to Early Stage of Care DisputesThe New Zealand Bar Association welcomes the re-establishment of access to lawyers at the start of disputes about the care of children. From 1 July 2020, parties will be able […]
- Bob Jones – Muller Breaks His DuckBob Jones – The Nats new leader has finally put some runs on the board. Speaking to the Wellington Chamber of Commerce he stated the obvious, namely that it’s totally […]
- Auckland Lawyer Suspended Over Breach of Previous Suspension OrderTimothy Burcher has been suspended by the New Zealand Lawyers and Conveyancers Disciplinary Tribunal for two months commencing 1 August. Auckland-based Mr Burcher had previously been found guilty of misconduct […]