The largest law firm in the world by head count – Dentons – has established itself in New Zealand this week with its association with Kensington Swan, now known as Dentons Kensington Swan.
Dentons has over 11,000 lawyers globally and covers the globe more than any other firm.
Kensington Swan is now the second New Zealand law firm with formalised links to a global legal giant, the first being DLA Piper Phillips Fox who aligned with DLA Piper in a deal in 2008.
Although the deal with Kensington Swan does not involve a purchase by Dentons the local firm retains its local partisanship and remains locally owned to all intents and purposes, as the firm said in a release issued today.
Dentons has been firmly following an acquisition trail for the past few years and has expanded strongly in the Asia Pacific region, including from previous combinations in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
With its offices in Auckland and Wellington, Dentons can now connect clients to a team of 113 lawyers in New Zealand the firm has expanded rapidly and offers a full array of client services.
Read: Who ARE Dentons?
Recently on LawFuel
- How One Big Law Firm Is Working To Contain Coronavirus Financial Fallout72 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Law firms are scrambling to hold costs and overheads in any way they can, including eyeing employment changes and payment […]
- David Lat Awaits Discharge From Hospital After Life-Threatening Coronavirus Treatment72 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score David Lat, founder of the AbovetheLaw legal blog, realizes his lucky escape from the severe coronavirus infection and his ability […]
- Another “Name-on-the-Door” Partner Out at Imploding Pierce Bainbridge Law Firm72 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP, previously self-proclaimed as the “Fastest Growing Law Firm in the […]
- Barristers Seeking Government Help During Pandemic72 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Junior barristers are suffering from the current pandemic in multiple jurisdictions. In the UK there has been strong criticism of […]
- Russell McVeagh Promotes Property & Consruction Lawyer to Partner72 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – Property and construction expert Caleb Hensman has joined the Russell McVeagh partnership. Caleb started at the firm as […]