The largest law firm in the world by head count – Dentons – has established itself in New Zealand this week with its association with Kensington Swan, now known as Dentons Kensington Swan.
Dentons has over 11,000 lawyers globally and covers the globe more than any other firm.
Kensington Swan is now the second New Zealand law firm with formalised links to a global legal giant, the first being DLA Piper Phillips Fox who aligned with DLA Piper in a deal in 2008.
Although the deal with Kensington Swan does not involve a purchase by Dentons the local firm retains its local partisanship and remains locally owned to all intents and purposes, as the firm said in a release issued today.
Dentons has been firmly following an acquisition trail for the past few years and has expanded strongly in the Asia Pacific region, including from previous combinations in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
With its offices in Auckland and Wellington, Dentons can now connect clients to a team of 113 lawyers in New Zealand the firm has expanded rapidly and offers a full array of client services.
Read: Who ARE Dentons?
Recently on LawFuel
- Power Law Firms – 2020 Litigation Forecast – Climate change risks for companies and directorsClimate change – and the appropriate response – is a defining issue of our time. While there has been discussion about climate change litigation risks for companies and directors, 2020 … Read more
- Survey of Students’ ‘Most Coveted’ Workplaces . . But Why So Few Law Student Participants To Tell Us The Best Law Firms?The recent survey showing "the most coveted employers" among university graduates has taken its Top 100 survey showing the requisite law firm component. But despite Chapman Tripp trumpeting it's top … Read more
- Dunedin Businessman Barry Kloogh Charged with FraudA Dunedin businessman who provided financial advisory services has entered no plea to charges brought by the Serious Fraud Office. The SFO alleges Barry Edward Kloogh (57), who appeared in … Read more
- The Growing Importance of the Disputes Tribunal in New Zealand – And How Good Referees Are Helping Dispense JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal and its referees are providing one of the keys to the access to justice requirements for New Zealanders, as the Ministry of Justice seeks more referees to … Read more
- New ‘Twin’ Judges Make History With Double Swearing-InNicola Grimes (L) & Michelle Duggan In the tsunami of recent District Court Judge appointments, Nelson appointees Michelle Duggan and Nicola Grimes share their elevation just as they share most … Read more