Dentons, the much-touted largest law firm in the world, has been raided by Australian firm Thomson Greer in Brisbane, who have hired 21 lawyers and support staff, including five partners.
The raid has seen all of Dentons’ Brisbane partners move to Thomson Geer National firm Thomson Geer
The partners are Matthew Rollason, Scott Guthrie, Jeff Baker and Kirsten Pike, with the fifth lawyer to join TG as a partner is Joseph Ip, a managing associate from Denton’s Melbourne office who is joining TG as a partner.
The move to TR will “entrench Thomson Geer comfortably in the top 10 law firms in Australia by partner number”, the national firm said in a statement. The firm currently has 116 partners across its Australian offices.
The raid on Dentons will be an embarrassment to the firm, who have grown rapidly in recent years as they spread their footprint around the globe.
More on LawFuel
- Is Flexible Work The Future: Over 60% of Experienced Workers Rely on Flex Work for IncomeFlexible work trends continue to grow and are becoming the norm for many workers, including law firms
- Law has a magic wand nowSome people think Large Language Models will transform the practice of law. I think it’s bigger …
- Revolutionize Your Law Firm Growth Strategy with These Innovative TacticsBuilding a law firm growth strategy can be a daunting task but there are some key elements that can be devoted to the job and make things easier.
- Lateral Associate Hiring Cools, But Partner Moves Heat Up in 2022Later hiring trends in law firm sdeclined in 2022 according to NALP statistics although it was good news form smaller law firms
- Another BigLaw Firm Sets Milestone for Female Legal Leaders and Diversity & InclusionANother biglaw firm has shown commitment to female leadership by appointing a female executive chair to lead the firm.
- How Meredith Connell Brought Some ‘Human Delight’ To The WorkplaceWellbeing in the legal marketplace has become more important for law firms and Meredith Connell in New Zealand has shown the way with some innovative design features
- Australian Football League Faces Unprecedented Class Action Suit by 60 Former Players Over Head InjuriesAn unprecedented lawsuit has been taken against the AFL as 60 players take action in respect of head injuries and concussions suffered while playing AFL
1 thought on “Dentons Raided By Growing Australian Law Firm”
Pingback: Dentons Raided By Growing Australian Law Firm - SeoPowerZone.com
Comments are closed.