Dating and lawyers go together like briefs and . . well, brief cases. But what are the rules for lawyer-dating? Online dating and relationship site eHarmony outlined their 15 reasons to date a lawyer. Some are pretty lame, we have to admit, but some – well, one or two – might make sense.
Fantastic dressers? White-shoe firms or loafy and laid back West Coast firms maybe. But not always.
Financially secure? Firms have had a tough time lately, so maybe not so.
Insightful as to character? Very much a variable we would have thought.
Nevermind. We bow to eHarmony’s greater knowledge on these matters with their 15 reasons.
>> You may find this video interesting if you’re dating – Click here
Ignore all of those cynical lawyer jokes. There are plenty of amazing things about attorneys…here are just 15 of them!
1. Quoting your date will make you sound smarter: “My boyfriend is a lawyer and he says…”
2. Your mom and dad will be impressed. Plus: A lawyer in the family is always a good thing!
3. Most lawyers are fantastic dressers. (Yes, there’s more than one suit in his/her closet.)
4. Lawyers are financially secure.
5. Lawyers know how to present themselves well — and up the charm. Your date will likely make a great impression with your friends and colleagues.
6. Your date will stand up for you, even when you’re wrong.
7. Lawyers are often invited to interesting social events. Most of them include an open bar.
8. Lawyers are very experienced negotiators and excel at conflict resolution.
9. Like to debate? Your date is always up for that type of challenge.
10. Lawyers have good memories — or at least good note-taking skills.
11. Speaking of note-taking, there will be plenty of free legal pads lying around.
12. Your date will have interesting law-school stories (and lots of life experience). As a general rule, lawyers work hard and play hard.
13. Lawyers are eloquent, articulate and very insightful when it comes to reading another person’s character.
14. Eloquence is sexy. So are briefcases.
15. If you ever need your partner’s services, he/she will work especially hard for you.