Crain’s Chicago Business has named Chicago partners Mary Rose Alexander, Cathy Birkeland, Caroline Reckler, and Terra Reynolds to its 2020 Notable Women in Law list in recognition of their exceptional professional achievements and dedication to civic, philanthropic, and mentoring activities.
Mary Rose Alexander, Global Chair of both Latham’s Environmental Litigation Practice and Women Enriching Business Committee, helps Fortune 500 companies overcome high-stakes legal challenges. As highlighted in a profile published by Crain’s, Mary Rose in the last 18 months has secured major trial victories and resolved class actions for a number of clients. She is also leading the firm’s efforts on many initiatives designed to promote women in the profession and serves as an advisor to nonprofit Equal Justice Works, having served on its Board for more than a decade.
Cathy Birkeland, Chicago Office Managing Partner and former Global Co-Chair of the Capital Markets Practice, advises clients on sophisticated capital markets and spin-off transactions, corporate governance, and securities law matters. As highlighted in a profile published by Crain’s, this year Cathy has advised on a number of high-profile IPOs and other capital raising transactions. She is also leading Latham’s Chicago Taskforce for the Commitment to Racial Justice & Equality, which is dedicated to fighting racial injustice and promoting equality through pro bono efforts.
Caroline Reckler, Chair of Latham’s Chicago Finance Department, is a nationally recognized bankruptcy lawyer, advising debtors around the world on all aspects of restructuring and special situations. As highlighted in a profile published by Crain’s, Caroline has been at the helm of numerous recent high-profile Chapter 11 proceedings and other restructurings and special situations. She previously led the firm’s Women Enriching Business Committee in Chicago and remains involved in its programming. Additionally, Caroline serves as guardian ad litem with Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and as pro bono counsel for nonprofit A Better Chicago.
Terra Reynolds, Co-Chair of the Chicago Litigation & Trial Department and Vice Chair of Latham’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Group, represents clients in white collar criminal defense, internal and government investigations, and complex litigation matters. As highlighted in a profile published by Crain’s, Terra, a former federal prosecutor, this year successfully resolved four years of litigation against her client and its subsidiaries, which had faced allegations of False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute violations. Terra co-leads the Chicago chapter of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association.
- Lawyers in Australia Face Big Decisions: Which Firms to Join, Which to Leave in 2023?Last week, Lawyers Weekly and Momentum Intelligence released their rankings of the Top 25 Attraction Firms for 2022-23. The annual survey is part of the Legal Firm of Choice Survey, …
Lawyers in Australia Face Big Decisions: Which Firms to Join, Which to Leave in 2023? Read More »
- 8 Insights into the Role of HR in Law Office ManagementJacqui Coombe* Law offices occupy a special niche in the services industry, with stringent rules on confidentiality and standards. The legal industry tends to be more conservative and cautious. As …
8 Insights into the Role of HR in Law Office Management Read More »
- State of the US Legal Market 2023 – Is It Armageddon or Happy Days?A swift rebound from setbacks has now seen unprecedented concerns about the state of the legal market, but is it something we need to freak out about?
- Diversification & ‘Power Alley’ Practices Boost McDermott’s Law Firm Revenues and ProfitsThe firm just missed breaking the $2 billion barrier McDermott Will & Emery has achieved a strong 9 percent growth in revenue for the year 2022. This financial success is …
Diversification & ‘Power Alley’ Practices Boost McDermott’s Law Firm Revenues and Profits Read More »
- Who Makes The Cut For the Best Entertainment Law Firms in the Business?Who makes the cut as the best entertainment law firms in the business? The best entertainment law firms operating today
- Understanding the Need for Legally Banning Flavored VapesBen Boman* When the world needed to get rid of tobacco products in the first place, flavored vapes entered the market to upset things a little more. These vapes became …
Understanding the Need for Legally Banning Flavored Vapes Read More »
2 thoughts on “The Latham & Watkins Partners Who Made the CRAINS Notable Women in Law List”
Pingback: A Great Defense Lawyer Can Be Hard To Come By Till You Read This – The Journey of Drew 672
Pingback: Just How To Locate The Ultimate Defense Attorney And Also Win Any Kind Of Lawsuit! – The Love of Stryhn 669
Comments are closed.