LawFuel.com – Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as a “Fresh Start” bankruptcy. Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows you to eliminate most or all of your debt, such as personal loans, medical bills, and credit cards, while being allowed to keep most if not all of your property.
In most cases in the state of Georgia, you will be able to keep your home and your car. Bankruptcy is not intended to hurt, it’s intended to help.
- Student loans, except extreme hardship cases
- Recent tax debt (although stale tax debt is usually dischargeable)
- Debts for alimony, maintenance or support
- Debts for fines, penalties or criminal restitution
- Debts for personal injuries caused by driving intoxicated
- Chapter 7 is the most commonly filed bankruptcy and can allow for a new start. More and more Americans find themselves struggling with debt they cannot control. Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows for their debt to be discharged and lets them get in control of their financial situation.
To discuss your bankruptcy options, including Chapter 7 bankruptcy, with a knowledgeable King & King attorney in a free initial consultation, contact us today. Timing is always important in bankruptcy-related matters. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin helping you get your life back on track. Call today 404-524-6400.