Saatchis’ chief honcho and marketing expert Kevin Roberts is someone you might well listen to when it comes to marketing – and lawyers especially are those who would want to hear about ‘peak performance for your law firm’. Right?
So when Roberts blogs about someone who actually wrote a blog about a peak performing law firm – being Dallas lawyer and rainmaker Cordell Parvin, which was based on Robert’s book Peak Performance: Business Lessons from the World’s Top Sports Organizations, you’d listen, too. Right, again?
Lesson number one is about “Making magic” – that is, the inspirational aura pervading a successful organization. The place where extraordinary things happen.
What are the other 9 attributes of a peak performing law firm:
– Having inspirational lawyers
– Creating a future – developing young lawyers
– A sense of community and selflessness
– Going beyond your personal best- including doing things differently
– Push for new ideas to do better with work and clients
– Being goal-focused – choosing goals that are challenging but achievable.
– Sharing the dream with colleagues, staff, clients, the community
– Attention to detail. A key attribute.