Powered by LawFuel – Allen & Overy has announced the promotion of 29 new partners across its international network, effective 1 May 2020. The new partners cover five of the firm’s main practice areas, with nine new partners in both Banking and Corporate, five in both International Capital Markets (ICM) and Litigation and one in Real Estate.
Of the 29 new partners 13 are female, accounting for 45% of the group. Geographically the new partners represent 13 offices across A&O’s global network, with 66% of them outside London.
Commenting on this news, global managing partner Andrew Ballheimer comments: “In these difficult times it’s heartening to share this positive news. This group demonstrates the breadth of expertise we have globally at A&O and, importantly, shows that our focus on female progression in recent years is having a positive impact. I extend my congratulations to all the new partners and wish them the very best as their careers progress.”
Global managing partner elect, Gareth Price, who begins his term in the role on 1 May 2020 adds: “I am very pleased to welcome this group to the partnership. They are a clear representation of the exceptional talent we foster across the world. As senior partner, Wim has championed the diversity agenda at A&O and we will look to build on this progress together as we move into our new terms as leaders of the firm. I look forward to working alongside the new partners to support our clients and our people as they navigate the current challenging conditions and in the continued success of the firm in the years ahead.”
The full list of new partners:
|Kung-Wei Liu||ICM||Hong Kong|
|François Renard||Corporate||Hong Kong|
|Jaclyn Yeap||ICM||Hong Kong|
|Dominic von Wulffen||Banking||London|
|Emma Willoughby||Real Estate||London|
|Jillian Ashley||Banking||New York|
|Beth Troy||ICM||New York|
|Bradley Pensyl||Litigation||New York|
Read More . .
- Another Law Firm Dumps The Trump Legal WorkLaw firm Morgan Lewis & Bockius previously handled tax law […] More
- Brisbane Law Firm Accused Of Falsely Claiming Pay Reduction Was Due to COVIDA Brisbane law firm has been hit by an accusation […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough […] More
- The Twin Lawyers With Equal Passion For Maori Legal IssuesThe twin 23-year-old girls inspired by their non-lawyer father’s arguments […] More
- Pandemic Drives Law Firm Mergers Down in 2020Law firm mergers have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. […] More
- Fish & Richardson Elevates Its Most Diverse Principal Class EverBoston, MA, Jan. 5, 2021 – Fish & Richardson has elevated 14 […] More