Investment in response to growing demand from lawyers
Powered By LawFuel –Augusta, the UK’s largest litigation and disputes funder by case volume announces it has raised a further US $115m from a multi-billion-dollar US-based investment manager.
In 2018, Augusta secured GBP £150m from a global investment fund, to finance business growth and investment in funding cases. In response to increasing demand from lawyers, this additional capital raising will boost Augusta’s existing capacity for dispute and litigation investments in markets including UK, Europe, Middle-East, Australia, Canada and the US.
Augusta has recently announced £25m firm-wide case funding deals with international law firm Pinsent Masons and leading litigation law firm HFW. This additional investment increases capacity for the funding of individual cases, as well as the working capital requirements of law firms and firm-wide case facilities.
Of particular note is the innovative structure of this new capital. This facility will be used on a ‘co-investment’ basis – allowing both existing and new investors to participate in cases funded, across the full range of size and geography that Augusta supports. This provides both investors with the opportunity to gain exposure to Augusta’s growing case pipeline.
Louis Young, Managing Director at Augusta, said: “With the increase in demand from lawyers for our support, we are delighted to have added additional capacity to our business. Both our existing and new investors are keen to promote access to justice and appreciative of the returns Augusta’s model provides. This development is a strong endorsement of the litigation funding industry and in particular, our market-leading experienced team”.
Augusta has recently announced hirings into its senior team with the arrival of Proskauer Director Polly Bahl as Chief Operating Officer, Gowling WLG Partner James Foster as Head of International Arbitration and FTI Consulting Managing Director Leor Franks as Chief Marketing Officer. These additions reflect Augusta’s ongoing growth and increasing client demand for dispute and litigation funding.
## Ends ##
– Established in 2013, Augusta is the largest litigation and dispute funding institution in the UK by # cases with a team of 70 in London and 85 worldwide. Augusta’s scale enables us to make decisions in market-leading timeframes and fund cases of any size.
– Augusta is organised into a series of specialist practice groups: Arbitration, Class Action, Competition, Consumer, Intellectual Property and Litigation, and sectors including Financial Services and Construction & Energy.
– By the end of H12019, Augusta had funded 213 claims with a market-leading win ratio of over 80%.
– Augusta has offices in London, Sydney, Melbourne and Toronto.
– #litigation #legalservices #investment #privateequity
Leor Franks, Chief Marketing Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 3510 2100
Augusta Ventures, The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AN, United Kingdom. www.augustaventures.com
You may be interested . .
- What’s Happening At Meredith Connell With Its Litigator Departures?
- The Bigger the Better? Understanding the Biglaw Salary Scale
- The Dirty Dozen Tips You Must Know Before Dating a Lawyer
- Which Legal Software is Best? 9 Top Legal Software Tools Law Firms Need to Know About in 2021
- The New Zealand Law Profession’s Unceremonious ‘Third Anniversary’ Of Workplace Bullying & Harassment