Leading global law firm Baker McKenzie took home three awards at Euromoney’s European Women in Business law 2020 event last night, including overall Best International Firm for Women in Business Law for the fourth year running.
The awards, which took place virtually this year, due to Covid-19, recognize individual lawyers at the top of their chosen fields, and firms that have shown outstanding commitment to the development of women in the legal profession.
Baker McKenzie was also named Best International Firm for Gender Diversity, and Corinne Schot, Managing Partner of the Firm’s Amsterdam office, was named Structured Finance and Securitisation lawyer of the year.
Speaking after the ceremony, Baker McKenzie’s Global Chair of Diversity & Inclusion, Constanze Ulmer-Eilfort, said, “I am so proud of the work our firm does to champion women in the workplace and these awards reflect our continued commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion at Baker McKenzie and in the legal profession. Last year, we became the first global law firm to announce global aspirational targets set at 40:40:20 per cent gender diversity, so I am delighted that our work is continuing to be recognized. Congratulations to our winners and nominees on this well-deserved recognition.”
More Law Firm Press Releases
- Schiff Hardin Elects New Managing PartnerCHICAGO, February 26, 2021 –Schiff Hardin LLP is pleased to announce the election of Joe Krasovec as the firm’s next managing partner, effective February 8, 2021. […] More
- Former COO of Biopharmaceutical Company Sentenced For Accounting FraudAudrey Strauss, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that WILLIAM TAYLOR, the former chief operating officer of MiMedx Group, Inc. (“MiMedx”), […] More
- Healthcare Attorney Joins Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck as Litigation Partner in Orlando(February 22, 2021, Orlando, FL) — LawFuel.com – Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV), a leading national law firm, today announced that Christopher E. Brown has joined the […] More
- Akerman Adds Five Franchise Lawyers in Five Months; Expands in Denver, Houston and Washington, D.C.February 22, 2021 – Powered by LawFuel – Akerman LLP a top 100 U.S. law firm serving clients across the Americas, has expanded its Franchise and […] More
- ‘Good Life’ Concierge Service From Serial Con ArtistAudrey Strauss, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Kathy A. Michalko, Special Agent in Charge of the New York Field Office […] More
- “Staggering” Extent of North Korean Hacking Operation Leads to 3 Arrests Over CyberattacksIndictment Expands 2018 Case that Detailed Attack on Sony Pictures and Creation of WannaCry Ransomware by Adding 2 New Defendants and Recent Schemes to Steal Money […] More
- Former Apple Privacy Lawyer Joins Mayer BrownMayer Brown announced today that privacy lawyer Vivek Mohan has joined the firm as a partner in the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice in Northern California. […] More