Leading global law firm Baker McKenzie took home three awards at Euromoney’s European Women in Business law 2020 event last night, including overall Best International Firm for Women in Business Law for the fourth year running.
The awards, which took place virtually this year, due to Covid-19, recognize individual lawyers at the top of their chosen fields, and firms that have shown outstanding commitment to the development of women in the legal profession.
Baker McKenzie was also named Best International Firm for Gender Diversity, and Corinne Schot, Managing Partner of the Firm’s Amsterdam office, was named Structured Finance and Securitisation lawyer of the year.
Speaking after the ceremony, Baker McKenzie’s Global Chair of Diversity & Inclusion, Constanze Ulmer-Eilfort, said, “I am so proud of the work our firm does to champion women in the workplace and these awards reflect our continued commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion at Baker McKenzie and in the legal profession. Last year, we became the first global law firm to announce global aspirational targets set at 40:40:20 per cent gender diversity, so I am delighted that our work is continuing to be recognized. Congratulations to our winners and nominees on this well-deserved recognition.”
More Law Firm Press Releases
- Brazilian ‘Phantom Investment’ Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scammer Extradited to USAudrey Strauss, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Peter C. Fitzhugh, Special Agent-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of […]
- 5 Partnership Announcements From Gilbert + TobinGilbert + Tobin is set to consolidate its strong performance throughout 2020 appointing five new partners and four special counsel across a number of key practice […]
- Slaughter & May Hire Disputes Partner in Copenhagen For Growing Disputes & Investigations GroupSlaughter and May today announces a new partner appointment in London. Gayathri Kamalanathan, currently Head of Group Litigation and Enforcement at Danske Bank in Copenhagen, has […]
- LA Paralegal Pleads Guilty To Embezzling Money From Immigration Law Firm ClientsLOS ANGELES – A Los Angeles County paralegal pleaded guilty today to defrauding more than 100 immigration law firm clients in Southern California by depositing their payments […]
- Freshfields team files amicus brief in Trump v. New York, supporting inclusion of all people in congressional apportionmentA Freshfields team comprising partner Aaron Marcu, special counsel Scott Eisman, and associates Elena Hadjimichael, Christian Vandergeest, and Robert Barton has filed an amicus brief on […]
- Perkins Coie Continues Labor & Employment Practice Growth in LALOS ANGELES (November 17, 2020) – Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that Neal A. Fisher Jr. has joined the firm’s expanding Labor & Employment practice […]
- IRS Criminal Investigation Division Annual Report Identifies Over $10 Billion in Tax Fraud & Financial CrimesThe IRS have announced that financial fraud and other offences accounted for $10 billion in fraud including Goldman Sachs prosecution