It was a firm that proudly boasted of its prowess and growth – touting itself as the “fastest growing law firm in the world” but now, Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP has announced it has commenced winding down its operation following around 50 attorneys leaving in recent months, as LawFuel has been reporting.
It was LawFuel who first reported extensively about the problems at Pierce Bainbridge following the bitter fight that broke out between former partner Don Lewis and the recently departed co-founder of the firm, John Pierce.
Pierce was given to outlandish boasts, often phrased in Marine-speak, about the abilities of his tough team of litigators. And the firm attracted some headline-making clients, including Rudy Giuliani, Michael Avenatti and others.
But the financial issues have been severe, with Lewis making clear statements about a $9 million declared default by the firm to litigation funder Pravati Capital, which Pierce denied.
Other claims involving other, now departed partners, followed.
Lewis named various former Pierce Bainbridge attorneys including Michael D. Yim of Putney Twombly and S. Jeanine Conley of Littler Mendelson as parties to attacks upon him with the view to discredit his claims about goings-on at the firm. Both attorneys, along with Lauren Schaefer-Green are defendants in a Lewis lawsuit.
The unwinding of Pierce Bainbridge appears to be most unlikely to end the lengthy issues revolving around a firm that has itself been encircled by controversy, hyperbole and maybe serious legal trouble.
More on LawFuel
- Listed UK Law Firms Action Continues as Legal Services Company Acquires Specialist Law FirmThe bounce-back and resilience of the listed law firms continues in the UK The UK listed law […] More
- Sharon Osborne Hire’s Hollywood Heavyweight Lawyer Jeremiah Reynolds Following ‘The Talk’ RowSharon Osborne has hired a top gun Hollywood lawyer to represent her after her falling out over […] More
- The $2000-Plus An Hourly Charge Out Rate For Former US Attorney General Eric Holder Reflects Growing Billing RatesHourly charge out rates for lawyers have continued to rise rapidly, but for former US Attorney General, […] More
- Law Firm Mergers Set To Rise After The 2020 Pandemic DropLaw firm mergers are set to dramatically increase in 2021 after the pandemic, with some predictions indicating […] More
- Google Win Lawsuit Against Oracle In Long-Running Copyright BattleThe Google lawsuit involved code used in the Android operating system and has been a landmark copyright […] More