It was a firm that proudly boasted of its prowess and growth – touting itself as the “fastest growing law firm in the world” but now, Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP has announced it has commenced winding down its operation following around 50 attorneys leaving in recent months, as LawFuel has been reporting.
It was LawFuel who first reported extensively about the problems at Pierce Bainbridge following the bitter fight that broke out between former partner Don Lewis and the recently departed co-founder of the firm, John Pierce.
Pierce was given to outlandish boasts, often phrased in Marine-speak, about the abilities of his tough team of litigators. And the firm attracted some headline-making clients, including Rudy Giuliani, Michael Avenatti and others.
But the financial issues have been severe, with Lewis making clear statements about a $9 million declared default by the firm to litigation funder Pravati Capital, which Pierce denied.
Other claims involving other, now departed partners, followed.
Lewis named various former Pierce Bainbridge attorneys including Michael D. Yim of Putney Twombly and S. Jeanine Conley of Littler Mendelson as parties to attacks upon him with the view to discredit his claims about goings-on at the firm. Both attorneys, along with Lauren Schaefer-Green are defendants in a Lewis lawsuit.
The unwinding of Pierce Bainbridge appears to be most unlikely to end the lengthy issues revolving around a firm that has itself been encircled by controversy, hyperbole and maybe serious legal trouble.
More on LawFuel
- How Allen & Overy Has Dealt With The COVID Crisis . . And One Thing They Would Not Have Done AgainAllen & Overy is one of the largest law firms in the world and managing an organization […]
- Virage Capital Says Pierce Bainbridge – $70 Million in Debt – Double Dipped on CollateralDan Garner – Back in August 2019, LawFuel was the first legal publication to raise concerns about […]
- Archie Williams – The Innocence Project YouTube Star & The Lawyers Who Saw Him FreeReality TV show ‘Americ’a Got Talent’ is as used to pulling heartstrings as strumming guitars, but the […]
- Pierce Bainbridge – Big-Time Clients, Big Time Problems: $50 Million Suit Dropped & $70 Million DebtThe high-profile clientele of Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP has substantially increased the spotlight on […]
- Litigation Funder Parabellum Capital Raises $450 Million As Pandemic Lawsuits Loom59 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Litigation finance firm Parabellum Capital has raised […]