Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce the formal launch of our Biometric Privacy Team. Composed of multidisciplinary attorneys from across our Firm’s offices, this dedicated team draws talent from our Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, Privacy Class Action Defense, Artificial Intelligence Technology, and Labor & Employment groups to help clients address and minimize the risks associated with biometric privacy regulatory compliance, enforcement, and litigation.
“We are thrilled to launch this important and timely initiative,” said Jeffrey N. Rosenthal, who leads the Firm’s Biometric Privacy Team. “Our team includes both highly experienced compliance counsel and seasoned privacy class action defense litigators. Collectively, we are well positioned to help clients navigate today’s myriad biometric privacy laws. Whether proactively developing comprehensive compliance/risk management programs or aggressively defending clients in state and federal courts across the country, our Biometric Privacy Team possesses the technological savvy, industry knowledge, and battle-forged litigation skills needed to counsel and defend our clients as consumer privacy laws continue to expand and evolve.”
Recent advancements in technology and artificial intelligence have led companies to utilize biometric data—such as fingerprint scans, facial recognition, voice prints, and DNA scans—in an ever-increasingly broad number of ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations. This, in turn, has brought about significant legal risk as legislatures across the country implement laws to tightly regulate the use of this technology, such as the now well-known Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. The commercial use of biometric data has also led to a wave of bet-the-company class action litigation for alleged technical statutory violations, often involving hundreds of millions of dollars in potential exposure.
“Our biometric privacy trial attorneys are frequently retained to litigate high-exposure, high-profile disputes. Due to this demand, we have developed reputations for achieving superior results against challenging odds using novel and creative strategies,” stated Ana Tagvoryan, Vice Chair of the Firm’s Corporate Litigation group and Co-Chair of Blank Rome’s Class Action Defense Team. “Our multidisciplinary team develops winning litigation strategies and formidable defenses against all manner of claims involving allegedly improper biometric data practices.”
Blank Rome’s biometric privacy attorneys are also thought leaders in this space, having extensively published and presented on compliance best practices, emerging legal trends involving biometric laws and technology around the country and the world, risk mitigation, and litigation strategy.
About Blank Rome
Blank Rome is an Am Law 100 firm with 14 offices and more than 600 attorneys and principals who provide comprehensive legal and advocacy services to clients operating in the United States and around the world. Our professionals have built a reputation for their leading knowledge and experience across a spectrum of industries, and are recognized for their commitment to pro bono work in their communities. Since our inception in 1946, Blank Rome’s culture has been dedicated to providing top-level service to all of our clients, and has been rooted in the strength of our diversity and inclusion initiatives. For more information, please visit blankrome.com.
More Law Press Releases
- Brazilian ‘Phantom Investment’ Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scammer Extradited to USAudrey Strauss, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Peter C. Fitzhugh, Special Agent-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of […]
- 5 Partnership Announcements From Gilbert + TobinGilbert + Tobin is set to consolidate its strong performance throughout 2020 appointing five new partners and four special counsel across a number of key practice […]
- Slaughter & May Hire Disputes Partner in Copenhagen For Growing Disputes & Investigations GroupSlaughter and May today announces a new partner appointment in London. Gayathri Kamalanathan, currently Head of Group Litigation and Enforcement at Danske Bank in Copenhagen, has […]
- LA Paralegal Pleads Guilty To Embezzling Money From Immigration Law Firm ClientsLOS ANGELES – A Los Angeles County paralegal pleaded guilty today to defrauding more than 100 immigration law firm clients in Southern California by depositing their payments […]
- Freshfields team files amicus brief in Trump v. New York, supporting inclusion of all people in congressional apportionmentA Freshfields team comprising partner Aaron Marcu, special counsel Scott Eisman, and associates Elena Hadjimichael, Christian Vandergeest, and Robert Barton has filed an amicus brief on […]
- Perkins Coie Continues Labor & Employment Practice Growth in LALOS ANGELES (November 17, 2020) – Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that Neal A. Fisher Jr. has joined the firm’s expanding Labor & Employment practice […]
- IRS Criminal Investigation Division Annual Report Identifies Over $10 Billion in Tax Fraud & Financial CrimesThe IRS have announced that financial fraud and other offences accounted for $10 billion in fraud including Goldman Sachs prosecution
- RoboDebt Class Action Settles At Court Door For $112 Million6 November 2020 – Gordon Legal announces today the settlement of the Robodebt Class Action, subject to the approval of the Federal Court of Australia. The settlement […]