Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce the formal launch of our Biometric Privacy Team. Composed of multidisciplinary attorneys from across our Firm’s offices, this dedicated team draws talent from our Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, Privacy Class Action Defense, Artificial Intelligence Technology, and Labor & Employment groups to help clients address and minimize the risks associated with biometric privacy regulatory compliance, enforcement, and litigation.
“We are thrilled to launch this important and timely initiative,” said Jeffrey N. Rosenthal, who leads the Firm’s Biometric Privacy Team. “Our team includes both highly experienced compliance counsel and seasoned privacy class action defense litigators. Collectively, we are well positioned to help clients navigate today’s myriad biometric privacy laws. Whether proactively developing comprehensive compliance/risk management programs or aggressively defending clients in state and federal courts across the country, our Biometric Privacy Team possesses the technological savvy, industry knowledge, and battle-forged litigation skills needed to counsel and defend our clients as consumer privacy laws continue to expand and evolve.”
Recent advancements in technology and artificial intelligence have led companies to utilize biometric data—such as fingerprint scans, facial recognition, voice prints, and DNA scans—in an ever-increasingly broad number of ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations. This, in turn, has brought about significant legal risk as legislatures across the country implement laws to tightly regulate the use of this technology, such as the now well-known Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. The commercial use of biometric data has also led to a wave of bet-the-company class action litigation for alleged technical statutory violations, often involving hundreds of millions of dollars in potential exposure.
“Our biometric privacy trial attorneys are frequently retained to litigate high-exposure, high-profile disputes. Due to this demand, we have developed reputations for achieving superior results against challenging odds using novel and creative strategies,” stated Ana Tagvoryan, Vice Chair of the Firm’s Corporate Litigation group and Co-Chair of Blank Rome’s Class Action Defense Team. “Our multidisciplinary team develops winning litigation strategies and formidable defenses against all manner of claims involving allegedly improper biometric data practices.”
Blank Rome’s biometric privacy attorneys are also thought leaders in this space, having extensively published and presented on compliance best practices, emerging legal trends involving biometric laws and technology around the country and the world, risk mitigation, and litigation strategy.
About Blank Rome
Blank Rome is an Am Law 100 firm with 14 offices and more than 600 attorneys and principals who provide comprehensive legal and advocacy services to clients operating in the United States and around the world. Our professionals have built a reputation for their leading knowledge and experience across a spectrum of industries, and are recognized for their commitment to pro bono work in their communities. Since our inception in 1946, Blank Rome’s culture has been dedicated to providing top-level service to all of our clients, and has been rooted in the strength of our diversity and inclusion initiatives. For more information, please visit blankrome.com.
More Law Press Releases
- Schiff Hardin Elects New Managing PartnerCHICAGO, February 26, 2021 –Schiff Hardin LLP is pleased to announce the election of Joe Krasovec as the firm’s next managing partner, effective February 8, 2021. […] More
- Former COO of Biopharmaceutical Company Sentenced For Accounting FraudAudrey Strauss, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that WILLIAM TAYLOR, the former chief operating officer of MiMedx Group, Inc. (“MiMedx”), […] More
- Healthcare Attorney Joins Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck as Litigation Partner in Orlando(February 22, 2021, Orlando, FL) — LawFuel.com – Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV), a leading national law firm, today announced that Christopher E. Brown has joined the […] More
- Akerman Adds Five Franchise Lawyers in Five Months; Expands in Denver, Houston and Washington, D.C.February 22, 2021 – Powered by LawFuel – Akerman LLP a top 100 U.S. law firm serving clients across the Americas, has expanded its Franchise and […] More
- ‘Good Life’ Concierge Service From Serial Con ArtistAudrey Strauss, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Kathy A. Michalko, Special Agent in Charge of the New York Field Office […] More
- “Staggering” Extent of North Korean Hacking Operation Leads to 3 Arrests Over CyberattacksIndictment Expands 2018 Case that Detailed Attack on Sony Pictures and Creation of WannaCry Ransomware by Adding 2 New Defendants and Recent Schemes to Steal Money […] More
- Former Apple Privacy Lawyer Joins Mayer BrownMayer Brown announced today that privacy lawyer Vivek Mohan has joined the firm as a partner in the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice in Northern California. […] More
- Common Interest Development Attorney Joins California Real Estate Law FirmFebruary 16, 2021 (Walnut Creek, CA) – LawFuel.com – Miller Starr Regalia (MSR), a preeminent California real estate law firm for more than 50 years, announced today […] More