Davis Polk received 11 nominations for Asian Legal Business’ 2016 Japan Law Awards. The awards recognize the excellence and outstanding achievements of Japan’s leading law firms and in-house legal teams as well as the top deals and dealmakers of the past year. In addition to multiple nominations for firm awards, several deals on which Davis Polk advised were named “Deal of the Year” finalists in their respective categories.
The firm’s nominations include:
- Managing Partner of the Year: Jon Gray
- Dealmaker of the Year: Eugene Gregor
- International Deal Firm of the Year
- Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
- Regulatory and Compliance Law Firm of the Year
- Debt Market Deal of the Year: Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company’s Subordinated Notes Offering
- Debt Market Deal of the Year: Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank’s Guaranteed Secured Obligation Programme and Initial Offering
- Debt Market Deal of the Year: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation’s Senior Notes Offering
- M&A Deal of the Year: Comcast NBCUniversal’s Acquisition of Controlling Stake of Universal Studios Japan
- M&A Deal of the Year: Sun Pharmaceuticals’ Acquisition of Ranbaxy
- Real Estate Deal of the Year: Initial Public Offering of LaSalle Logiport REIT
The ALB Japan Law Awards will be presented on June 14, 2016, in Tokyo.