Dentons, the much-touted largest law firm in the world, has been raided by Australian firm Thomson Greer in Brisbane, who have hired 21 lawyers and support staff, including five partners.
The raid has seen all of Dentons’ Brisbane partners move to Thomson Geer National firm Thomson Geer
The partners are Matthew Rollason, Scott Guthrie, Jeff Baker and Kirsten Pike, with the fifth lawyer to join TG as a partner is Joseph Ip, a managing associate from Denton’s Melbourne office who is joining TG as a partner.
The move to TR will “entrench Thomson Geer comfortably in the top 10 law firms in Australia by partner number”, the national firm said in a statement. The firm currently has 116 partners across its Australian offices.
The raid on Dentons will be an embarrassment to the firm, who have grown rapidly in recent years as they spread their footprint around the globe.
More on LawFuel
- Lawyer’s Conduct Amounted to Sexual Harassment, Law Society Committee SaysA Standards Committee has found there was unsatisfactory conduct by a lawyer, L, for conduct amounting […] More
- Social Media Marketing for Lawyers: 12 Key TipsSocial media marketing for lawyers More
- What Fields of Law Make the Most Money Today? The 6 Existing and Emerging Fields Of Law Offering Big Fees for LawyersIt’s a simple question to ask which are the best fields of law for lawyers to […] More
- 17 New Partners At SkaddenSkadden – We are pleased to announce that the following attorneys have become partners of the […] More
- Law Firm Mergers Set To Rise After The 2020 Pandemic DropLaw firm mergers are set to dramatically increase in 2021 after the pandemic, with some predictions […] More
- $1.4 Million Partner Pay Is Not Cutting The Mustard For Many Partners At MintersBoard report shows there are money issues at the top Australian law firm There’s some trouble […] More
- How Some Gen Y Lawyers Are Steering Their Law Careers Around Their Personal Values and Leaving Big LawAlina Lee is one example – a lawyer who left Big Law to settle for a […] More