Dentons, the much-touted largest law firm in the world, has been raided by Australian firm Thomson Greer in Brisbane, who have hired 21 lawyers and support staff, including five partners.
The raid has seen all of Dentons’ Brisbane partners move to Thomson Geer National firm Thomson Geer
The partners are Matthew Rollason, Scott Guthrie, Jeff Baker and Kirsten Pike, with the fifth lawyer to join TG as a partner is Joseph Ip, a managing associate from Denton’s Melbourne office who is joining TG as a partner.
The move to TR will “entrench Thomson Geer comfortably in the top 10 law firms in Australia by partner number”, the national firm said in a statement. The firm currently has 116 partners across its Australian offices.
The raid on Dentons will be an embarrassment to the firm, who have grown rapidly in recent years as they spread their footprint around the globe.
More on LawFuel
- Brisbane Law Firm Accused Of Falsely Claiming Pay Reduction Was Due to COVIDA Brisbane law firm has been hit by an accusation from a former paralegal employee that […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough road in its antitrust lawsuit against […] More
- The Twin Lawyers With Equal Passion For Maori Legal IssuesThe twin 23-year-old girls inspired by their non-lawyer father’s arguments for Maori Land Rights has seen […] More
- Pandemic Drives Law Firm Mergers Down in 2020Law firm mergers have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Mergers dropped by 43 per cent […] More
- Fish & Richardson Elevates Its Most Diverse Principal Class EverBoston, MA, Jan. 5, 2021 – Fish & Richardson has elevated 14 attorneys to principals at the firm, […] More
- Perkins Coie Announce Most Diverse Partner ClassSEATTLE (January 4, 2021) Powered by LawFuel —Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that 26 counsel […] More
- The Lawyers’ Vacation Truce – It May Not Exist But 2021 Is Here With, Or Without ItWhen AbovetheLaw writer and lawyer Jordan Rothman wrote about a ‘holiday truce’ for lawyers, he may […] More