Powered by LawFuel – 17 September 2020 – Global law firm DLA Piper has advised media giant Discovery Inc. on its agreement to purchase MediaWorks’ TV business, comprising of: free-to-air channels, Three, Bravo, Three+1, Bravo+1, The Edge TV and The Breeze TV; streaming service ThreeNow; and multi-platform news and current affairs service Newshub.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment and is known in New Zealand for its pay TV channels Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network, Living and Discovery Turbo and free-to-air channels HGTV and Choice TV.
DLA Piper’s team was led by Auckland-based corporate partner Reuben Woods and senior associate Sam Wilson. IPT partner Nick Valentine advised on the media and transitional services aspects of the deal and competition partner Alicia Murray gave regulatory advice.
Reuben Woods said, “Discovery is a long-standing and significant client of the global firm and we are delighted to have assisted Discovery on what will be its most significant free-to-air investment in the New Zealand market to date following completion”.
The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Too Hot To Handle Lawyer’s Career Transition From Smart to Sexy . . And Her Lesson For Other Women
- Why James Gardner-Hopkins Has Been The Fall Guy For Other Fallen LawyersWhy is James Gardner-Hopkins the fall guy for a profession’s bad behaviour?
- PWC Sued For $1.5 Billion Over Alleged Incorrect Advice Re Brierley Companies
- Gisborne Law Firm Hit By Ransom-Demanding Cyber Attack
- The Law Society Tribunal’s Decision on James Gardner-Hopkins The ‘Young, Cool’ Russell McVeagh Partner Who Succumbed to the “Laddish” Work Hard, Play Hard Culture
- Ron Mansfield, Davy Salmon Among 10 New Silks Announced Today
Other Law Firm Press Releases
- Buchalter Expands in Arizona With Corporate Law HireJuly 20, 2021. Powered by LawFuel – Buchalter is pleased to announce and …
- Pioneering data privacy and digital media lawyer joins Reed Smith in strategic expansion of global advertising capabilitiesCHICAGO, July 20,2021 – Powered by LawFuel – Reed Smith today announced the …
- DLA Piper advises Fast Radius in US$1.4 billion SPAC deal with ECP Environmental Growth Opportunities Corp.July 19, 2021 – Powered by LawFuel -DLA Piper represented Fast Radius, Inc., …
- Perkins Coie Adds Partners Ngai Zhang and Drew Schulte to Growing IP PracticePerkins Coie is pleased to announce that partners Ngai Zhang and Drew Schulte …
- Knights’ Results Show 39 Per Cent Revenue Growth With Continued MomentumContinued momentum, building on the critical mass achieved Knights, the UK’s fastest growing …