Powered by LawFuel – 17 September 2020 – Global law firm DLA Piper has advised media giant Discovery Inc. on its agreement to purchase MediaWorks’ TV business, comprising of: free-to-air channels, Three, Bravo, Three+1, Bravo+1, The Edge TV and The Breeze TV; streaming service ThreeNow; and multi-platform news and current affairs service Newshub.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment and is known in New Zealand for its pay TV channels Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network, Living and Discovery Turbo and free-to-air channels HGTV and Choice TV.
DLA Piper’s team was led by Auckland-based corporate partner Reuben Woods and senior associate Sam Wilson. IPT partner Nick Valentine advised on the media and transitional services aspects of the deal and competition partner Alicia Murray gave regulatory advice.
Reuben Woods said, “Discovery is a long-standing and significant client of the global firm and we are delighted to have assisted Discovery on what will be its most significant free-to-air investment in the New Zealand market to date following completion”.
The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- AUCKLAND, New Zealand, September 16, 2020 – Anti-money laundering tech startup First AML has raised NZ$8 million in a Series A funding round led by […]
- DLA Piper Advises Discovery on Acquisition of MediaWorks TVPowered by LawFuel – 17 September 2020 – Global law firm DLA Piper has advised media giant Discovery Inc. on its agreement to […]
- Labour’s Tax Increases – The Hypocritical FuroreBob Jones What a hypocritical furore following the government’s announcement lifting the top tax rate from 33% to 39%. That means once […]
- Warkworth insurance law specialist Tim Gunn has successfully battled the country’s largest insurer in a case that has demonstrated the obstacles faced […]
- Lawyers, unsurprisingly, dominate the list of those professions atop the list of candidates in the New Zealand 2020 election. And in the […]
- Ngai Tahu Holdings is excited to announce the appointment of two new directors to its board – Kristen Kohere-Soutar and Juliet Tainui-Hernandez […]
Other Law Firm Press Releases
- Educational Publishers Obtain Preliminary Injunction Against 63 Illegal eBook Websites that Use Online Ads to Sell Pirated ContentNEW YORK, Sept. 18, 2020 Powered by LawFuel— The Educational Publishers Enforcement Group (EPEG) publishers, […]
- AUCKLAND, New Zealand, September 16, 2020 – Anti-money laundering tech startup First AML has raised NZ$8 […]
- NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2020 /Powered by LawFuel — Today, two sets of parents have […]
- Adam Rogas Allegedly Raised $123 Million from Investors Using Financial Statements that Showed […]
- Baker McKenzie Wins Three Awards For Euromoney European Women in Business Law 20120Leading global law firm Baker McKenzie took home three awards at Euromoney’s European […]
Get LawFuel Power News Weekly
Subscribe to get our top news weekly