Charlie Sheen’s expected announcement about being HIV positive is brought about largely as a result of multiple lawsuits against and brought by the actor over recent years.
The revelation came about following an expose from The National Enquirer who report in an investigation that at least four women have claimed Sheen exposed them to the HIV virus, and that he reportedly paid off one female sex partner in a confidential financial settlement.
Claims made are that Sheen has been playing “Russian roulette” with women’s lives.
The latest HIV claims evidently arose out of Sheen’s multiple potential or actual lawsuits involving women
Among the Sheen lawsuits or reported lawsuits:
1. Former fiance Scottine Rossi, a adult actress who reportedly settled with Sheen who one source said had him with a “conga line of adult entertainers”.
2. A woman who has reportedly retained Hollywood star attorney Gloria Allred to represent her in a civil action against Sheen.
3. Ex-wife Brooke Mueller has reportedly feared for her life after learning she was potentially exposed to HIV. She was married to Sheen from 2008 to 2011.
4. A dental technician who claimed in 2014 that the actor punched her and groped her during an appointment.
5. In 2011 in the “Two and a Half Men” lawsuit, Sheen was suiing Warner Brothers for $100 million for wrongful termination of his role in the hit series and reportedly settled for about $125 million.
Sheen’s former wife Denise Richards, who went through a bitter breakup with the actor in 2006, said she was shunned by Hollywood given Sheen’s then-hugely popular role on Two and a Half Men.
“I was surprised how much that affected me work wise…I was perceived as being a lunatic and crazy,” she explained of how Sheen’s fans took their personal drama following his many outbursts. “There are people that have [since] come up to me and apologized for drinking the Kool-aid…It was hard.”