London, Washington, D.C., 19 October 2020 – With the full backing of the International Management Committee (IMC) and Board, Hogan Lovells has announced today the introduction of two new global diversity goals, which we will work diligently to achieve by 2025:
- 15% minority partners*; and
- 4% LGBT+ partners*
The firm’s existing goal of 30% women partners globally by 2022 remains unchanged. The firm met its goal for women to occupy 30% of global management positions early, in 2015.
Delivering on our commitments to diversity & inclusion, Citizenship, and sustainability is a strategic priority for the firm, on a par with putting clients at the center of everything we do and enhancing profitability. CEO Miguel Zaldivar recently appointed Susan Bright to the newly created role of Global Managing Partner for Diversity & Inclusion and Responsible Business, effective 1 July 2020. The firm’s diversity team is also now a separate global function that reports directly to the CEO, an important change that reflects the business-critical function of the team and allows us to accelerate the progress the firm has made in recent years.
Susan Bright, Global Managing Partner for Diversity & Inclusion and Responsible Business, said: “Hogan Lovells is committed to increasing diversity throughout our firm and at the highest ranks. Being transparent about our goals plays a key part in demonstrating this commitment and in holding ourselves to account. This is a core part of our strategy to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive working environment where all of our people can be themselves and feel empowered to succeed. We recognize that diversity of thought creates better teams, and better teams mean better results for each other and for our clients. We plan to achieve these goals through an intense focus on recruiting, recognizing, retaining and advancing our diverse talent.”The firm’s commitment to diversity & inclusion has been recognized extensively in the marketplace, including:
- Ranking as one of Stonewall’s 17 Top Global Employers 2020, and a Top 100 ranking in the Workplace Equality Index for 10 consecutive years in the UK
- Designated “The Most Inclusive Firm for Minority Lawyers” by Chambers North America in 2019
- Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum in the UK for two consecutive years and U.S. for eight consecutive years
- Ranked Best Law Firm for Diversity in 2019 by Forbes Spain
- Top 100 Law Firm on The American Lawyer’s Diversity Scorecard for 11 consecutive years
- Asian Diversity Initiative of the Year, Asia Legal Awards 2019
- 100% Score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for 11 consecutive years
- Ranked a Top 75 employer in the Social Mobility Employer Index for three consecutive years in the UK.
- A Disability Confident Committed employer in the UK
To find out more please go to the Hogan Lovells global diversity & inclusion brochure.
* Global minority and LGBT+ goals comprise the U.S. and UK only owing to legal restrictions.
- Law Firm Bonus News: The Cravaths Bonuses Arrive At A Time of COVID ‘Thank You’ BonusesThe gold standard for law firm bonuses is generally whatever Cravaths decides to do and now, once again, they’ve delivered in a COVID-ravaged legal […]
- The Power-Lifting, In-House Lawyer Who Dismisses a Harvey Specter Comparison & Rises To CEOIt was not difficult for in-house lawyer Patrick Gamble to shrug off a comparison made by a magazine article that the up-and-coming young legal […]
- The Splendour & Sustainability of Chapman Tripp – Who Said The Law Office Was Dead?Chapman Tripp’s new digs in the Commercial Bay development spare little expense, as befits one of the country’s leading law firms who have made […]
- Russell McVeagh Works with EQC On New Natural Disaster ApproachRussell McVeagh has been working alongside the Earthquake Commission (EQC) on a project that will see EQC work in partnership with private insurers to improve customer […]
- The Stealthy Tactic To Choose The Right SEO Keywords That is Guaranteed To Boost Your Law Firm SEO In The Next 30 Days. . and yet hardly anyone is doing it How do you choose the right keywords for SEO as a law firm marketer? Okay, […]
- ‘Fake News’, Says Jones Day Over US Election Voter Fraud Challenge . . But The News RemainsThe chaotic US election has been enveloped in the ‘voter fraud’ controversy, which has also largely enveloped Big Law firm Jones Day and their […]