The nightmare election result for the National Party may have been anticipated by leader Judith Collins, who told a group of Hamilton lawyers last week that she was holding on to her practising certificate as something to fall back on.
Her question now may be whether fallback time has come.
Asked why she retained her practising certificate when visiting law firm, BBL Lawyers.
“You know why? Because that’s what makes me brave in politics, is always knowing there’s something else from what I do now.
“That’s why people in politics always say, ‘have something to fall back on’ so you know you don’t have to be doing the job unless you’re adding value.
“If you’re not adding value, don’t be there.”
She later posted on Facebook how pleased she was to see more young women lawyers at the event.
“Given my background as a lawyer, I found it fabulous to meet some budding new lawyers breaking into the industry at BBL Lawyers in Hamilton today. It is wonderful to see how the face of the law in New Zealand is changing, with more young women thriving and achieving in the industry.”
- Why Decorum Still Matters, Even In A ‘Zoom Court’Ken Broda-Bahm At this point, I will wager that we’ve all seen the hilarious video from the 394th Judicial District Court of Texas, where an attorney, […] More
- Litify Named by LawFuel, the Industry-Leading Legal Publication, as #1 in Practice Management Software for Law Firms, In-House Counsel, Government Entities and NonprofitsPrestigious “top pick” ranking follows a year of explosive growth for Litify across law firms, in-house counsel, government entities and nonprofits NEW YORK, March […] More
- What Do Legal Professionals Expect To Be The Biggest Legal Tech Trends in 2021?What are the biggest trends in legal tech in 2021? What are the types of technologies organizations planning on investing in? And what […] More
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died this week. A Rotorua-based barrister who was appointed Queens’ Counsel […] More
- LawFuel’s 2020 New Zealand Lawyer of the YearLawyer of the Year Sponsors LexisNexis New Zealand Staedtler – The pens successful lawyers use Cassie Nicholson – Legal First Responder […] More
- ‘Cutting Edge’ Cryptocurrency Scheme Just Fake, Says US Attorney As Executive Gets 8 Years JailIlan T. Graff, the Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. § 515, announced that SOHRAB SHARMA, a/k/a “Sam […] More
- “Tremendously Talented” Former Cravath Partner Johnny Skumpija Joins SidleySidley Austin has taken on high profile former Cravath Capital Markets lawyer Johnny Skumpija in an announcement made today. The Sidley press release […] More