ATLANTA (November 7) – LAWFUEL – US Legal Newswire – Kilpatrick Stockton announced today the launch of the firm’s Special Investigations & White Collar Crime Team which will be led by new partner, Scott Marrah. Mr. Marrah recently joined the firm after serving as an Assistant US Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Joining him on the team will be experienced, high-profile partners in offices across the firm including Atlanta, New York, Washington, DC and Winston-Salem.
“Kilpatrick Stockton has outstanding internal resources to create a leading Special Investigations and White Collar Crime Team,” said Scott Marrah. “One reason I joined Kilpatrick Stockton was the ability to draw upon the extensive existing experience already in place. Team members have backgrounds ranging from a former senior Department of Justice official to a former military judge to leaders in the corporate governance arena and veterans of significant internal investigations. These attorneys already serve as a great resource for clients across the firm and this new team will only enhance the excellent services the firm offers. I look forward to working with this talented group and growing the practice.”
Working closely with the Special Investigations & White Collar Crime Team is a group of seasoned in-house investigators that includes a former FBI supervisor as well as several former military intelligence officers.
“The formation of the Special Investigations & White Collar Crime Team fits perfectly within the firm’s long-term strategy,” said Bill Dorris, the Firm’s Co-Managing Partner. “Scott, with his strong track record of success as an Assistant US Attorney directing criminal investigations and as a leading litigator in private practice, is an excellent addition to the firm. The dynamic team that Scott has assembled brings together attorneys with exceptional skills, knowledge and background necessary for a successful practice in this fast-growing area.”
Mr. Marrah will practice in the Atlanta and New York offices. His practice will concentrate on the areas of white collar criminal defense, internal, criminal and SEC investigations, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Marrah has significant trial and appellate experience gained from years as both a federal prosecutor and a defense attorney in private practice. While serving as an Assistant US Attorney, he successfully investigated and prosecuted a wide array of federal offenses in the areas of terrorism and national security, securities fraud, RICO, white collar crime, export and commerce violations, organized crime, trademark infringement and counterfeiting, bank fraud, international narcotics, and gun trafficking. Before serving as a prosecutor, Mr. Marrah was a partner in an international law firm where he handled internal corporate investigations, white collar criminal defense, False Claim Act cases, health care matters, SEC matters and complex business litigation matters. He earned his B.A. (summa cum laude) and J.D. (with Honors) from The Ohio State University. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=14219&pglist=&stlist=
In addition to continuing their existing practices, the following Kilpatrick Stockton partners will serve on the Special Investigations & White Collar Crime team:
• Stephen Baskin, Managing Partner of the firm’s Washington, DC office and member of the Intellectual Property Department, has experience representing clients in internal corporate investigations and grand jury investigations. He has also served as counsel to professional athletes in steroid investigations and corresponding congressional and U.S. Attorney investigations. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=11895&pglist=&stlist=
• Peter Boyle, a member of the firm’s Litigation Department in Washington, DC, has extensive expertise in representing clients in connection with government investigations, including antitrust merger review and civil non-merger matters. He has conducted internal investigations and represented clients in multi-national merger matters, including mergers in the pharmaceutical industry, and in connection with U.S. Department of Justice civil investigative demands relating to third-party payers’ contracts with health care providers. Mr. Boyle has also represented clients in the airline and construction industries in connection with government investigations into potential criminal violations of the antitrust laws. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=12646&pglist=&stlist=
• Mike Brooks, a member of the firm’s Litigation Department in Atlanta, has significant experience in internal investigations, financial fraud cases and complex business litigation. Moreover, prior to joining the firm, he was an auditor with what was then a Big 6 (now Big 4) public accounting firm where he developed a strong financial background with SEC registrants. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=1018&pglist=&stlist=
• Mark Conger, a member of the firm’s Litigation Department in Winston-Salem, has experience conducting internal investigations, including representation of audit committees in accounting matters. He also focuses his practice in the area of business and commercial litigation, including shareholder, securities fraud litigation, and accounting malpractice. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?id=10327&exbio=1
• Connie Robinson, former senior DOJ official and Deputy Chair of Kilpatrick Stockton’s Complex Business Litigation Team practices in the firm’s Washington, DC office. She has extensive expertise conducting internal corporate investigations and represents clients before grand jury investigations, focusing primarily on national and international antitrust violations, such as price fixing and bid rigging, and on criminal contempt. For more, please visit:
• David Stockton, a member of the firm’s Corporate Department in Atlanta, advises businesses in all aspects of corporate finance and governance. He has expertise in advising corporations regarding Sarbanes-Oxley Act issues and has led numerous internal investigations for board special and investigative committees. Mr. Stockton’s practice also focuses on the full range of securities regulations applicable to officers, directors, and principal shareholders of public corporations, including share resale restrictions, Section 16, and insider-trading matters. He has extensive experience in the legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions, particularly those involving public companies and has advised numerous special committees considering acquisition and other conflict transactions. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=360&pglist=&stlist=
• David Zacks, a member of firm’s Litigation Department and Chair of the firm’s Native American Affairs Team practices in the firm’s Atlanta office. He has handled a wide range of criminal defense matters on behalf of individuals and corporate entities, and has extensive experience conducting internal corporate investigations. Mr. Zacks also represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation matters and is a certified arbitrator and mediator with the American Health Lawyers Association, as well as other state and private organizations. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Zacks served as a Captain and Certified Military Judge in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps of the United States Army. For more, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/attorneys/detail.aspx?ID=746&pglist=&stlist=
To learn more about Kilpatrick Stockton’s Special Investigations and White Collar Crime Team, please visit: http://www.kilpatrickstockton.com/legalservices/services_detail.aspx?ID=WC
About Kilpatrick Stockton
Kilpatrick Stockton LLP is a full-service international law firm with more than 500 attorneys in nine offices across the globe: Atlanta and Augusta, GA.; Charlotte, Raleigh and Winston-Salem, NC.; New York, NY; Washington, D.C.; London, England; and Stockholm, Sweden. Kilpatrick Stockton’s delivery of innovative business solutions provides results-oriented counsel for corporations, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. Collaboration among Kilpatrick Stockton’s corporate, litigation and intellectual property attorneys provides knowledgeable and proactive guidance for companies at every stage of the business life cycle. For more information, please visit www.kilpatrickstockton.com.