In the tsunami of recent District Court Judge appointments, Nelson appointees Michelle Duggan and Nicola Grimes share their elevation just as they share most other high points in their lives.
>>Daily Law Jobs on LawFuel Jobs – See Here
Born eight days apart, both working in the Family Court and both with three children, the new Judges even share the same middle name.
The two lawyers were sworn in as Judges last Monday, making history as the first two DCJs sworn in together.
Chief District Court Judge Moran said at the dual admission that the two new judges were joining the Family Court at an exciting time.
The pair were part of the biggest injection of “new blood” of 12 new judges who were “sorely needed reinforcements” as the court wrestled with record backlogs.
Latest on LawFuel
- NZ Law News – New Partners at Greenwood RocheNational specialist projects firm, Greenwood Roche, has announced that Mark Anderson and Antonia Shanahan will be joining the firm’s […] More
- Mainzeal Directors Lose in Court of Appeal31 March 2021 | – The Court of Appeal decision released today has confirmed the liquidators were successful in […] More
- New Additions For Russell McVeagh . . And One Rather Surprising DepartureWhile Russell McVeagh have announced the return of firm alumni in a recent press release, there has been nothing […] More
- Westpac demerger: What does that mean for NZ Inc.?In recent days, Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC) announced it is considering a demerger of its New Zealand business. On […] More
- Russell McVeagh Welcomes Back Senior AlumniRussell McVeagh is welcoming back an impressive group of senior alumni who have returned to the firm over recent […] More
- The New Zealand Law Firms Leading the Twitter Power List . . And The Big Law Firm With Just 3 FollowersIt’s smaller firms leading the Twitter charge but Donald Trump may have put others off the platform’s advantages The […] More
- The 2021 LawFuel Twitter Power List – New Zealand Law’s Top 20 Twitter ListLast year we posted the Top 20, and this year we have some new entrants and some surprise entries […] More
- The LawFuel Power Twitter List: Nos. 11 – 20The Twitter 11 – 20 List . . growing their influence on Twitter No. 11 Felix Geiringer 4.1k Wellington-based […] More
- DLA Piper advises Accel-KKR and Seequent on $USD1 Billion of Seequent GroupDLA Piper has advised Accel-KKR and its portfolio company, Seequent Holdings Limited on the sale of Seequent Holdings Limited […] More
- Joseph Parker Named As High Profile Sportsman In Drug TrialBoxer Joseph Parker has been named as the ‘high profile sportsman’ with connections to an international drug syndicate that […] More