In the tsunami of recent District Court Judge appointments, Nelson appointees Michelle Duggan and Nicola Grimes share their elevation just as they share most other high points in their lives.
>>Daily Law Jobs on LawFuel Jobs – See Here
Born eight days apart, both working in the Family Court and both with three children, the new Judges even share the same middle name.
The two lawyers were sworn in as Judges last Monday, making history as the first two DCJs sworn in together.
Chief District Court Judge Moran said at the dual admission that the two new judges were joining the Family Court at an exciting time.
The pair were part of the biggest injection of “new blood” of 12 new judges who were “sorely needed reinforcements” as the court wrestled with record backlogs.
Latest on LawFuel
- Power Law Firms – 2020 Litigation Forecast – Climate change risks for companies and directorsClimate change – and the appropriate response – is a defining issue of our time. While there has been … Read more
- Survey of Students’ ‘Most Coveted’ Workplaces . . But Why So Few Law Student Participants To Tell Us The Best Law Firms?The recent survey showing "the most coveted employers" among university graduates has taken its Top 100 survey showing the … Read more
- Dunedin Businessman Barry Kloogh Charged with FraudA Dunedin businessman who provided financial advisory services has entered no plea to charges brought by the Serious Fraud … Read more
- The Growing Importance of the Disputes Tribunal in New Zealand – And How Good Referees Are Helping Dispense JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal and its referees are providing one of the keys to the access to justice requirements for … Read more
- New ‘Twin’ Judges Make History With Double Swearing-InNicola Grimes (L) & Michelle Duggan In the tsunami of recent District Court Judge appointments, Nelson appointees Michelle Duggan … Read more
- Gun Lobbyist Unfit to be a Lawyer – NZ Supreme Court Confirms RulingAn appeal to the Supreme Court by gun lobbyist Richard Lincoln, who had hoped to specialise as a firearms … Read more
- Five New Partners at MinterEllisonRuddWattsPowered by LawFuel – MinterEllisonRuddWatts–Leading New Zealand law firm, MinterEllisonRuddWatts has welcomed 2020 with 10 new senior appointments, comprising … Read more
- Auckland University Academic Appointed Chair of Law CommissionThe Government has announced the appointment of legal academic Amokura Kawharu as the next President of the Law Commission. … Read more
- Mediator Receive Award For Work Following Christchurch Mosque ShootingsPowered by LawFuel – Wayne Marriott, Christchurch based mediator is to be celebrated on February 18th as the Resolution Institute Michael … Read more
- Why This Lawyer Thinks The Days of the Family Trust Are Over . . And The Coming Legal Windfall For LawyersThe family trust has long been at the cornerstone of wealth and succession planning, but most trusts serve no … Read more