In the tsunami of recent District Court Judge appointments, Nelson appointees Michelle Duggan and Nicola Grimes share their elevation just as they share most other high points in their lives.
>>Daily Law Jobs on LawFuel Jobs – See Here
Born eight days apart, both working in the Family Court and both with three children, the new Judges even share the same middle name.
The two lawyers were sworn in as Judges last Monday, making history as the first two DCJs sworn in together.
Chief District Court Judge Moran said at the dual admission that the two new judges were joining the Family Court at an exciting time.
The pair were part of the biggest injection of “new blood” of 12 new judges who were “sorely needed reinforcements” as the court wrestled with record backlogs.
Latest on LawFuel
- NZ Law Society Accepts Need For Independent RegulatorThe New Zealand Law Society has given its approval to a proposal aimed at separating its regulatory and membership … Read more
- In-House Power LawyersSky City legal counsel Jo Wong on the LawFuel In-House Power list
- Unveiling the Auckland Mayoral Splurge: Big Bucks on Law Firms and ConsultantsAuckland Mayor Wayne Brown recently expressed shock at the substantial expenditures made by his council on legal firms and … Read more
- NZ AML Tech Developer Partners With Actionstep For Global AML ComplianceAnti money laundering startup First AML from New Zealand has partnered with Actionstep to provide global AML tech solutions
- Growth of New Zealand Bar: Which Are the Largest Chambers?Which are the largest barristers’ chambers in New Zealand?
- Grim Day For Grimshaws After Court JudgmentGrimshaw & Co achieved a $20.1 million win for their clients over a leaky building claim in respect of … Read more
- New Zealand Law & White Collar Crime –A debate should be held regarding the way in which white collar crime is dealt with in New Zealand law compared to other types of crime, where there is greater leniency and immunity
- Frazer Barton Re-Elected To Head NZLS – With Challenges AheadThe Law Society of New Zealand has confirmed that Anderson Lloyd partner Frazer Barton will continue to serve as … Read more
- Auckland’s New Crown Solicitor AppointedIn a move that further advances women in the legal profession the Solicitor General Una Jagose KC appointed Alysha … Read more
- Law Society Introduces “Strategic Priorities”The New Zealand Law Society has announced its moves to adapt to the rapidly changing legal marketplace by working … Read more