Russell McVeagh has acted as part of a multi-jurisdictional team to assist Scentre Group, owner and operator of Westfield in Australia and New Zealand, on its US$3.0 billion subordinated hybrid note issue in the United States market.
Working alongside international law firms, K&L Gates advising on the Australian law aspects, and Allen & Overy, advising on the New York and English law aspects, Russell McVeagh Banking and Finance partner John Powell led the firm’s team advising on the issuance, which also included Special Counsel Tim Stewart, and associates Dan Zajac and Jessica Lewis.
This is Scentre Group’s first issuance of hybrid notes – the issue diversifies the company’s sources of capital and is expected to be a long-term feature of the Group’s funding structure.
- Did You Read This? – NZ Book Awards Go ‘Fully Woke’ Says BrauniasBowPress.com- Newsroom’s Steve Braunias announces that the Ockham NZ Book Awards have gone ‘fully woke’ with the announcement of the contenders for […] More
- Russell McVeagh Appoint Female ChairRussell McVeagh Partner and Board member Allison Arthur-Young has been elected as Russell McVeagh’s Board Chair. Arthur-Young, who has been a Board member for […] More
- SFO Reach Settlement Over Inadvertent Disclosure of National Party DocumentsOn 12 May 2020, the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) inadvertently disclosed two documents to the defendants in the National Party donations case. […] More
- MinterEllisonRuddWatts: COVID-19 reaction, increased regulatory action and legislative change aheadMinterEllisonRuddWatts–Continued responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, greater regulatory action and adjustments to legislation will all shape the litigation landscape in the year […] More
- Bell Gully: Three New Partners, Five Senior Associates AppointedBell Gully is delighted to announce the appointment of three new partners, five senior associates and a special counsel for 2021. The […] More
- Anderson Lloyd: Promotions at Anderson LloydSenior Associate Eva Roe has been promoted to Senior Associate in Anderson Lloyd’s Queenstown Property and Private Client Team. Eva specialises in property […] More