Powered by LawFuel – Russell McVeagh recently added three senior members to its team, with Special Counsel Spencer Naicker and Brigette Shone, and Senior Associate Patrick Tumelty, joining the firm in February.
Special Counsel Spencer Naicker (pictured) has joined the firm’s Property and Construction practice from South African-based firm, Bowmans. He is a specialist front-end construction and infrastructure practitioner. Spencer has drafted construction contracts for a range of different projects (both balance sheet funded and project financed) and has advised on transactions, from a construction law perspective, across various sectors.
Special Counsel Brigette Shone made the move from Baldwins Intellectual Property to join Russell McVeagh’s Litigation practice in Auckland. Brigette specialises in commercial litigation and all areas of intellectual property dispute resolution and advice, including consumer law matters.
Senior Associate Patrick Tumelty is a litigator who recently moved from London-based Herbert Smith Freehills. He has specialist knowledge in health and safety, commercial litigation, insurance, and professional negligence. Patrick worked on several high profile cases in the UK, including advising Chevron in respect of a Health and Safety Executive investigation arising out of the well-publicised Pembroke refinery explosion in Wales in 2011.
Russell McVeagh Board Chair, Malcolm Crotty, says he’s very pleased to see these high calibre lawyers join the firm. “These individuals bring a wealth of experience to the firm and I’m excited to see the contribution they will each make.”
These appointments follow on closely from last week’s announcement that Kirsten Massey joined Russell McVeagh’s partnership, returning to the firm after spending 15 years working abroad. Most recently, Kirsten headed up Herbert Smith Freehills’ banking litigation practice group in London.
Save on Top Legal Texts
More Law News
- What Are The Top 10 Legal Billing Software Tools?We took at look at the G2.com, the software platform that ranks the top software tools […] More
- Clifford Chance Appoint Most Women Ever In Latest PromotionsSee Law Jobs on the LawFuel Network Here Clifford Chance has promoted 29 lawyers to partner […] More
- Preparing For The Future of WorkBusiness law partner at Foley & Lardner, Silicon Valley, writes about the challenges of post-Pandemic workplaces […] More
- Gender Equality in Law – London Law Firms Take 9 of 50 Top Spots For The Times’ Top 50 Employers of Women ListThe Times list compiled by Business in the Community (BITC) includes employers from the banking, consultancy, […] More
- Russell McVeagh Congratulates INFINZ Awards FinalistsBoard Chair Allison Arthur-Young said, “Congratulations to all of our clients and their advisers who are finalists ahead […] More
- Mischon de Reya Moves Into Rich London Law Listing ModeHigh profile Mischon de Reya has approved its high-value public float plans Mischcon de Reya is […] More
- Tax Lawyer Returns to Russell McVeaghRussell McVeagh is delighted to announce that Tax expert and alumnus Greg Neill is returning to the firm as Russell McVeagh’s newest […] More
- Another Law Firm for Kim DotcomInternet entrerpreneur Kim Dotcom’s ongoing battle to avoid extradition to the United States has seen a […] More
- Workers Compensation: What are my options if I was hurt on the worksite?Workers’ compensation claims can give rise to key questions – we answer some of the key compensation issues More