Simpson Grierson – As highlighted in the results and insights from our recent Transforming the In-house Legal Team Survey, Covid-19 has exacerbated the ongoing dilemma for in-house teams of how to deliver “more-for-less”. However, there are also lots of positive signs that teams are remaining committed to evolving how they work by embracing new skills.
Skills development is the key focus for one of the Leaders Fireside Chats happening as part of TechLaw.Fest next week. A stellar panel including Mary Shen O’Carroll (Director of Legal Operations at Google) will be re-framing the people element of legal operations and business alignment by examining the importance of skills development.
The discussion will be moderated by Michele DeStefano, author of a number of excellent books including Legal Upheaval: A Guide to Creativity, Collaborate and Innovation in Law which leverages over 100 interviews with general counsels and heads of innovation. It should be an interesting an insightful panel discussion.
What we’re up to: Webinar – Transforming the In-house Legal Team
Following on from our recent survey mentioned above, we are running a webinar on 14 October to flesh out the insights and results.
We will also be sharing practical tips on a number of top priorities highlighted by in-house teams. Zelda Gower (Senior Associate) will cover the opportunities and challenges of digital signing and Louise Taylor (Special Counsel) will touch on some of the key things to be aware of when assessing new tech tools. More details and invite to come.
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died this week. A Rotorua-based barrister who was […] More
- The New Zealand Law Profession’s Unceremonious ‘Third Anniversary’ Of Workplace Bullying & HarassmentJohn Bowie* It’s an anniversary that the New Zealand law profession would rather not have needed to talk about. But […] More
- Otago All-Women Law Firm Celebrate International Women’s DayIt’s on 8 March, in case you didn’t know, but for Dunedin law firm Staley Cardoza Lawyers they’re celebrating being […] More
- Chapman Tripp’s New Patent Law PlayThere’s been a lot happening in the patent law area in recent years and a gap in the IP legal […] More
- JunoLegal Grows With Another NZ In-House Counsel HireNew Law firm Juno Legal has recruited another senior New Zealand In-house Counsel with its recruitment of former BP NZ […] More