The husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper by Inauguration Day according to a Biden campaign spokesperson.
The so-called ‘second gentleman’, Emhoff is to work with the Biden transition team and may later hold some unspecified administration role.
Emhoff, 56, worked as an entertainment lawyer with DLA Piper, who he joined in 2017 from Venables, according to a press release at the time.
There are a number of ‘firsts’ with the Emhoff / Harris links, including –
>> His wife Kamala Harris is the first woman was elected as the United States president or vice-president.
>> He is the first male spouse of any US vice president
>> He is the first US ‘second gentleman’
>> He is the first Jewish person married to either a president or vice-president
As LawFuel reported the two met on a blind date when Kamala Harris was California attorney general, Emhoff having previously been married with two children.
He became active on social media supporting his wife.
- Law Firm Bonus News: The Cravaths Bonuses Arrive At A Time of COVID ‘Thank You’ BonusesThe gold standard for law firm bonuses is generally whatever Cravaths decides to do and now, once again, they’ve delivered in […]
- Former Attorney General Chris Finlayson QC is to receive an honorary doctorate of Law from Victoria University at the December graduation […]
- LA Paralegal Pleads Guilty To Embezzling Money From Immigration Law Firm ClientsLOS ANGELES – A Los Angeles County paralegal pleaded guilty today to defrauding more than 100 immigration law firm clients in Southern […]
- Slaughter and May financing partner Oliver Storey has left the firm following an investigation and advice from the firm’s London office […]
- Freshfields team files amicus brief in Trump v. New York, supporting inclusion of all people in congressional apportionmentA Freshfields team comprising partner Aaron Marcu, special counsel Scott Eisman, and associates Elena Hadjimichael, Christian Vandergeest, and Robert Barton has […]
- It was not difficult for in-house lawyer Patrick Gamble to shrug off a comparison made by a magazine article that the […]