The husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper by Inauguration Day according to a Biden campaign spokesperson.
The so-called ‘second gentleman’, Emhoff is to work with the Biden transition team and may later hold some unspecified administration role.
Emhoff, 56, worked as an entertainment lawyer with DLA Piper, who he joined in 2017 from Venables, according to a press release at the time.
There are a number of ‘firsts’ with the Emhoff / Harris links, including –
>> His wife Kamala Harris is the first woman was elected as the United States president or vice-president.
>> He is the first male spouse of any US vice president
>> He is the first US ‘second gentleman’
>> He is the first Jewish person married to either a president or vice-president
As LawFuel reported the two met on a blind date when Kamala Harris was California attorney general, Emhoff having previously been married with two children.
He became active on social media supporting his wife.
- Law Schools to Incorporate More Maori in Law CoursesAUT’s newly appointed Interim Dean, Khylee Quince has announced that there will be more Maori content in core law courses. Quince […] More
- Akerman LLP Expands Corporate Law Practice in Washington DCAkerman LLP, a top 100 U.S. law firm, has expanded its Corporate Practice Group with Jason Northcutt in Washington, D.C. He joins as […] More
- UK Law News – Fast-Growing Knights Buys Another Law FirmKnights, the UK’s fastest growing legal and professional services business, today announces that it has agreed to acquire Keebles LLP (“Keebles”), an […] More
- Intellectual Property Law Firm Services Market Research Report on Major PlayersWhite & Case, Venable, Sidley Austin, Morrison & Foerster, McDermott Will & Emery, Latham & Watkins, King & Spalding, K&L Gates, […] More
- Who Are The Power Law Firms Getting A Cut In The Bill & Melinda Gates Divorce?. . And Who Are The Two Sole Practice Attorneys Who Are Facing Off Again In Their Second Multi-Billionaire Divorce Proceeding […] More
- 7 Key Questions To Ask ANY Law Firm SEO Agency BEFORE You Hire ThemHiring a law firm SEO agency requires some smart ‘interview’ techniques – here are some key questions to ask More