The husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper by Inauguration Day according to a Biden campaign spokesperson.
The so-called ‘second gentleman’, Emhoff is to work with the Biden transition team and may later hold some unspecified administration role.
Emhoff, 56, worked as an entertainment lawyer with DLA Piper, who he joined in 2017 from Venables, according to a press release at the time.
There are a number of ‘firsts’ with the Emhoff / Harris links, including –
>> His wife Kamala Harris is the first woman was elected as the United States president or vice-president.
>> He is the first male spouse of any US vice president
>> He is the first US ‘second gentleman’
>> He is the first Jewish person married to either a president or vice-president
As LawFuel reported the two met on a blind date when Kamala Harris was California attorney general, Emhoff having previously been married with two children.
He became active on social media supporting his wife.
- MBIE Say Remote Working Putting Organisations at risk of Ransomware
- NSW Law Society Guide Models Best Workplace Practice for Legal ProfessionThe Law Society of NSW has released a guide to help NSW law firms and legal practices identify and eliminate discrimination …
- Controversial Australian Law Firm Proposes Anti-Jab Fight In $10 Million FundraiseAustralian law firm proposes class action lawsuit over anti-vax order
- How To Create a Positive Company Culture and Prioritize Employee SatisfactionBusiness leaders look at the key characteristics helping to build business success Ray Bharara* Company culture goes far beyond buzzwords and …
- Pro Bono Partner Promoted At Ireland’s Largest Law FirmMatheson, Ireland’s largest law firm, has appointed Niamh Counihan as Pro Bono Partner. Niamh will dedicate 50% of her professional time specifically to …
- NZ Law Society’s New President From DLA Piper Has Work To Do