SAN DIEGO (September 8, 2011) — Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP, a prominent California law firm with a national reputation, is proud to announce that 34 of its attorneys were selected by their peers as The Best Lawyers in America® for 2012.
Michael Andrew, Robert Bell, Charles Bird, Steven Chidester, James Cowley, R. Randal Crispen, Charles Danaher, Brian Fish, Mary Gillick, Jerome Grossman, Mark Hagarty, Christopher Healey, Michael Isaacs, Phillip Jelsma, Carol Kao, Kurt Kicklighter, Peter Klee, Phillip Kossy, Lawrence Kouns, Robert Levy, Charles Maher, Mark Mann, Eli Mansour, John McNeece, Louis Mezzullo, Gregory Roper, Nancy Scull, Scott Sonne, Robert Steiner, Darryl Steinhause, Edward Patrick Swan, Dan Titelbaum, Frederick Vandeveer and Steven Wall were all selected.
While Grossman was recognized for the first time, two Luce Forward partners – Isaacs, Roper and Scull – have been listed as Best Lawyers in America® for 10 years or more, and three partners – Andrew, Mezzullo and Steiner – have been selected for at least 20 years.
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys cast almost 3.9 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Each attorney was selected for the following categories:
• Michael Andrew and Michael Isaacs: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law;
• Robert Bell: Construction and Real Estate Law;
• Charles Bird: Appellate, Litigation IP, Litigation Labor & Employment and Litigation Real Estate;
• Steven Chidester: Non Profit/Charities Law;
• James Cowley and Carol Kao: Trusts & Estates;
• R. Randal Crispen, Peter Klee and Scott Sonne: Insurance Law category;
• Charles Danaher: Insurance Law and Commercial Litigation;
• Brian Fish: Litigation Real Estate and Real Estate Law;
• Mary Gillick: Litigation Trusts & Estates;
• Jerome Grossman: Scrutinized and Structured Law;
• Mark Hagarty and Steven Wall: Litigation Real Estate category;
• Christopher Healey: Commercial Litigation and Mass Tort Litigation;
• Phillip Jelsma and Mark Mann: Tax Law category;
• Kurt Kicklighter: Banking & Finance and Financial Services Regulation Laws;
• Phillip Kossy: Litigation Labor & Employment;
• Lawrence Kouns: Personal Injury Litigation (Plaintiffs and Defendants) and Product Liability Litigation (Defendants);
• Robert Levy: Employment Law–Management and Labor Law–Management;
• Charles Maher: Litigation Bankruptcy;
• Eli Mansour: Equipment Finance Law;
• John McNeece: Corporate Law;
• Louis Mezzullo: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law and Trusts & Estates;
• Gregory Roper: Media Law;
• Nancy Scull: Real Estate Law;
• Robert Steiner: Commercial Litigation;
• Darryl Steinhause: Real Estate and Tax Laws;
• Edward Patrick Swan: Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense–White Collar, and Product Liability Litigation (Defendants);
• Dan Titelbaum: Mergers & Acquisitions Law; and
• Frederick Vandeveer: Non Profit/Charities Law and Trusts & Estates.
Founded in 1873, Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP is a full-service California law firm with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Carmel Valley/Del Mar, Orange County and Rancho Santa Fe. For more information, visit www.luce.com.
# # #