Skadden announced today that Bruce Embley will join the firm’s London office as an M&A partner.
Prior to joining Skadden, Bruce was global co-head of M&A at another highly regarded global law firm. He has over 25 years’ experience advising on private equity and public and private M&A transactions in all sectors, including financial services, energy and telecommunications. He is ranked in Chambers UK for Corporate/M&A: High-End Capability, in Chambers Global for Corporate M&A (International & Cross-Border) and as a “notable practitioner” in IFLR 1000.
“Bruce has led some of the largest and most complex private equity and M&A deals in the U.K. and internationally, and is an excellent fit for our practice,” said Scott Simpson, Skadden’s global co-head of transactions.
Pranav Trivedi, head of Skadden’s London office, said, “We have made important strategic hires in London over the past year and, in particular, invested in our M&A and private equity bench. Bruce’s experience is in the type of complex, high-stakes transactions for which we are known.”
The firm’s most recent M&A and private equity partner hires in Europe include George Knighton and Simon Toms (M&A, London), Jan Bauer (private equity, Frankfurt), and Richard Youle and Katja Butler (private equity, London).
Bruce is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- General Counsel Report Shows Declining Risk Preparedness Across Global Corporate Legal DepartmentsGeneral Counsel shows declining risk preparedness
- Cozen O’Connor Announces Launch of Global M&A PracticeCozen O’Connor and M&A practice
- Russell McVeagh Grows Partnership with Four New PartnersLeading commercial law firm Russell McVeagh is further growing its partnership with key home-grown senior talents – Alex MacDuff, Bevan Peachey, Hannah Wilson and Michael …
- NZ Law News: Hesketh Henry Appoints New Managing PartnerNZ Law News
- Former Kirkland’s Tech lawyer Moves to Paul, WeissThe ongoing lateral moves of lawyers from Kirkland & Ellis to Paul Weiss in London continues, following …
- A Y Strauss Welcome Commercial Real Estate Partner in New YorkReal estate law firm in New York welcomes new partner
- What to Ask Your Criminal Defense Attorney in Cincinnati: Essential FAQsCincinnati defense attorney