Simpson Grierson – As highlighted in the results and insights from our recent Transforming the In-house Legal Team Survey, Covid-19 has exacerbated the ongoing dilemma for in-house teams of how to deliver “more-for-less”. However, there are also lots of positive signs that teams are remaining committed to evolving how they work by embracing new skills.
Skills development is the key focus for one of the Leaders Fireside Chats happening as part of TechLaw.Fest next week. A stellar panel including Mary Shen O’Carroll (Director of Legal Operations at Google) will be re-framing the people element of legal operations and business alignment by examining the importance of skills development.
The discussion will be moderated by Michele DeStefano, author of a number of excellent books including Legal Upheaval: A Guide to Creativity, Collaborate and Innovation in Law which leverages over 100 interviews with general counsels and heads of innovation. It should be an interesting an insightful panel discussion.
What we’re up to: Webinar – Transforming the In-house Legal Team
Following on from our recent survey mentioned above, we are running a webinar on 14 October to flesh out the insights and results.
We will also be sharing practical tips on a number of top priorities highlighted by in-house teams. Zelda Gower (Senior Associate) will cover the opportunities and challenges of digital signing and Louise Taylor (Special Counsel) will touch on some of the key things to be aware of when assessing new tech tools. More details and invite to come.
- Auckland’s New Crown Solicitor AppointedIn a move that further advances women in the legal profession the Solicitor General Una Jagose KC appointed Alysha McClintock …
- Law Society Introduces “Strategic Priorities”The New Zealand Law Society has announced its moves to adapt to the rapidly changing legal marketplace by working on …
- Who Are The ‘Tier 1’ Top NZ Law Firms In The Legal500 For 2023?The Legal 500 rankings for 2023 include a range of kiwi law firms that the organisation assessing law firms in …
Who Are The ‘Tier 1’ Top NZ Law Firms In The Legal500 For 2023? Read More »
- Which Are The 30 Most Prestigious Law Firms . . Anywhere?Here are the 30 most prestigious law firms in the world – America’s best law firms to work for
- Lawyer of the Year 2022 Tudor Clee – From Car Boot to ‘Loophole Lawyer’, the Lawyer Who Fought The Government And WonLawFuel’s 2022 Lawyer of the Year is the battling ‘loophole lawyer’ who fought to get Charlotte Bellis into the country under the MIQ lottery system.