The husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper by Inauguration Day according to a Biden campaign spokesperson.
The so-called ‘second gentleman’, Emhoff is to work with the Biden transition team and may later hold some unspecified administration role.
Emhoff, 56, worked as an entertainment lawyer with DLA Piper, who he joined in 2017 from Venables, according to a press release at the time.
There are a number of ‘firsts’ with the Emhoff / Harris links, including –
>> His wife Kamala Harris is the first woman was elected as the United States president or vice-president.
>> He is the first male spouse of any US vice president
>> He is the first US ‘second gentleman’
>> He is the first Jewish person married to either a president or vice-president
As LawFuel reported the two met on a blind date when Kamala Harris was California attorney general, Emhoff having previously been married with two children.
He became active on social media supporting his wife.
- Workforce Challenges Ahead Says Employment Law Firm Workplace SurveyEmployment law leader Littler have undertaken a major survey of over 450 US employers, revealing insights into layoffs and hiring practices …
Workforce Challenges Ahead Says Employment Law Firm Workplace Survey Read More »
- NZ Legal News – Auckland-Based Bankside Chambers Appoint New Singapore-Based MembersWe are delighted to announce two new members who will be permanently based at the Bankside Chambers Singapore premises. Karen Chow …
NZ Legal News – Auckland-Based Bankside Chambers Appoint New Singapore-Based Members Read More »
- Shearman & Sterling Senior Partner Goes – Along With Previous DeparturesShearman & Sterling Senior Partner leaves following failure of proposed merger with Hogan Lovells
- Littler Appoints New Leadership Roles in Affinity Groups(March 7, 2023) – Littler, the world’s largest employment and labor law practice representing management, has appointed new leadership for two …
Littler Appoints New Leadership Roles in Affinity Groups Read More »
- Lawyers in Australia Face Big Decisions: Which Firms to Join, Which to Leave in 2023?Last week, Lawyers Weekly and Momentum Intelligence released their rankings of the Top 25 Attraction Firms for 2022-23. The annual survey …
Lawyers in Australia Face Big Decisions: Which Firms to Join, Which to Leave in 2023? Read More »
- Steptoe & Johnson Secure Top Litigator From MOFOSteptoe and Johnston have recruited a top litigator from Morrison & Foerster in San Francisco