Powered by LawFuel – London, UK. January 30th, 2020: ThoughtRiver, the market leader in intelligent legal pre-screening, has announced today that it has been selected for the exclusive Tech Nation accelerator programme, ‘Upscale’, and will be coached over the next six months by some of the UK’s most successful entrepreneurs and leading startup founders.
Tech Nation, the UK network for ambitious digital tech entrepreneurs, today revealed the thirty fast-growing tech start-ups that have been selected for the fifth cohort of the globally renowned Upscale programme. ThoughtRiver, who recently announced a key partnership with professional services giant PwC, was chosen from more than 100 applications to the programme.
ThoughtRiver CEO Tim Pullan commented:
“We’re delighted to have been included in Upscale 5.0. The whole ThoughtRiver team and I are hugely excited at the networking, exposure and learning opportunities on offer via the programme. From a legal services perspective, we are at the forefront of a huge wave of innovation in the UK and globally, so Upscale is an ideal programme to be involved with, giving us the chance to unlock further opportunities in a dynamic market.”
Upscale participants will benefit from frank mentoring from scale coaches who will conduct workshops and events over a period of six months, helping the cohort to tackle challenges involved in scaling their businesses to the next stage. Scale coaches on past programmes have included Brent Hoberman, co-founder of Lastminute.com; successful investor and Lovefilm founder Saul Klein; One Fine Stay co-founder Greg Marsh and Lesley Eccles, founder of FanDuel.com.
Liam Ward, Upscale’s Programme Lead commented:
“We look forward to being part of ThoughtRiver’s growth journey over the next 6 months and seeing how the team continues to revolutionise the legal sector. Tech Nation’s mission is to support the UK’s most ambitious tech entrepreneurs. We’re delighted to announce the Upscale 5.0 cohort and welcome 30 of the UK’s most exciting and fast-growing tech companies onto the programme, as they work through key scaling challenges.”
The news comes in line with recent momentum, as ThoughtRiver confirmed that it has signed German logistics company DB Shenker, legal services disrupter Legal Zoom, and American rental car giant Avis Budget Group as new customers in 2020. Supporting this is a key new hire; Kristin Shevis, VP, North America Sales and Success. Shevis has more than 20 years’ industry experience and will lead ThoughtRiver’s efforts in North America to help businesses leverage technology to improve the efficiency and consistency of their contract processes.
“The six-month programme will be a key support in ThoughtRiver navigating the challenges of our next stage of rapid growth. Challenges like hiring and retaining talent, maintaining culture while scaling, and expanding into new markets are all very much on our radar, and UpScale and key hires like Kristin will help better equip us to meet them.”
ThoughtRiver, whose investors include leading technology law firm Taylor Vinters, Crane Ventures, and Local Global, will be attending LegalWeek in New York next week from the 4th- 6th February. Attendees will be able to meet the ThoughtRiver team at the company’s Hilton suite from 1pm-6pm on Thursday 4th and 9am-6pm on the 5th and 6th.
Law News of Interest
- NZ Lawyer’s Innovative Law Firm List Lists Apps . . But The Pandemic Creates a Whole New Issue For All NZ Law FirmsChristine Lloyd* Building law lists is an entire industry, but the problem with generating a list of ‘innovative law firms’ […]
- Artificial Intelligence Risk? What Does 2020 Hold15 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Clifford Chance – Artificial intelligence (AI) creates huge opportunities for […]
- 5 Key Written Agreements for Small and Growing BusinessesSusan Paul – Business depends on striking agreements with others. While it’s true that many of the deals you reach […]
- Law Firm Technology: Litify Launches Conferencing Solution for Lawyers In Response to Remote Work DemandUplink empowers lawyers to have instant virtual meetings with clients and colleagues, with automated transcriptions and video recordings for compliance […]
- Gravity Stack’s AI-Driven Contract Management Solution Employed for COVID-19 ResponseNatural Language Process programming solution analyzes force majeure provisions, associated triggers and drafts auto-notifications Powered by LawFuel – SAN FRANCISCO […]
- Best AI Contract Software: Evisort or Kira Systems?Contract management has always been an arduous and time-consuming task. The introduction of contract management software allowed companies to store […]
- Key Lessons For Law Firms On Handling Remote & Agile Working in The Face of COVID-19The COVID-19 crisis has created major challenges and problems for law firms as it has for most businesses and professional […]
- Promising Legal Startup Atrium ClosesWhy has law startup Atrium closed?