LawFuel.com – DLA Piper Serves as Lead Counsel for Top Real Estate Deals in the Third Quarter
Firm’s Real Estate Practice Led Five of the Largest Office Building Deals and
Two of the Largest Multi-Family Deals
(Washington, DC) October 19, 2010 – DLA Piper today announced that the firm served as lead counsel on seven of the largest single property transactions that closed in the third quarter, as ranked by Real Estate Alert.
DLA Piper handled five of the 16 ranked office building deals, as well as two of the largest multi-family deals.
“We’re pleased to have served as lead counsel on several of the largest deals from the third quarter and are encouraged by the recent velocity of transactions of all sizes,” said Jay Epstien, chair of DLA Piper’s US Real Estate practice. “We are hopeful that this momentum will carry-forward into the end of the year as the real estate markets continue their recovery.”
Led by attorneys from the firm’s Real Estate practice in its Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC offices, DLA Piper represented the following office building owners in deals ranked by Real Estate Alert:
• Generali Group in its purchase of the Farragut Building in Washington, DC from ING Clarion
• Hines in its sale of 300 North LaSalle in Chicago to KBS Realty
• LBA Realty in its purchase of Park Place 2 in Irvine, Calif. from MPG Office
• Manulife Financial in its purchase of Market Center in San Francisco from RREEF
• Pfizer in its sale of 685 Third Avenue in New York to TIAA-CREF
In terms of the top 10 largest multi-family deals ranked by Real Estate Alert, DLA Piper represented the following:
• Westbrook Partners in its sale of Senate Square in Washington, DC to LaSalle Investment Management
• Equity Residential in its purchase of Vantage Pointe in San Diego from Pointe of View Developments
About DLA Piper’s Real Estate Practice
DLA Piper’s Real Estate practice is the world’s top-ranked by leading industry research firms and the world’s largest with more than 500 attorneys, including 175 in the United States. Handling some of the most complex, high-profile real estate transactions and litigation matters, DLA Piper provides a full range of real estate services, including acquisitions and dispositions, construction, financing, land use and development, leasing, environmental, insurance, tax, and litigation.
About DLA Piper (www.dlapiper.com)
DLA Piper has 3,500 attorneys in 30 countries and 69 offices throughout the US, UK, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia. In certain jurisdictions, this information may be considered attorney advertising.
Mark S. Roy, Sr. Media Relations Manager, DLA Piper, 212.776.3833
Brian Kiefer, Media Relations, Greentarget, 312.252.4113