October 2, 2020 – The Lincoln Project today released the following statement in response to President Trump testing positive for COVID-19:
“The Lincoln Project wishes the President, First Lady, and the many White House, campaign staff, and those exposed to COVID-19 a swift recovery.
“We encourage anyone who traveled with the Presidential party, attended a rally, fundraiser or meeting with the President or campaign or staff to get tested immediately and quarantine appropriately. It is the responsibility of the White House and the Trump campaign to keep the American people informed of the COVID status of everyone exposed. The campaign has the obligation to begin contact tracing for the thousands of followers who have attended Trump’s maskless rallies.
“The Lincoln Project sincerely hopes Trump’s infection with COVID sends a signal to the Americans who follow him to take this deadly disease seriously. From the start, the President and his media cheerleaders have amplified dangerously irresponsible messages about the transmissibility, seriousness, and fatality rates of COVID. They have ignored and marginalized scientific and medical experts, placed political hacks in positions at HHS and elsewhere to prevent the American people from receiving accurate information about the pandemic, and spread false information about spurious cures.
“The President’s own admissions to Bob Woodward that he knew of the seriousness of COVID in February and that he told his people to “slow the testing down” are stark reminders that this President has lied about COVID and its impact from the beginning. We hope the President’s followers will take heed. This disease is not a hoax; it is a killer. Masks, social distancing, and handwashing are vital elements in protecting yourself from COVID. There is no vaccine available at this time. Hydroxychloroquine does not cure or treat COVID in any way.
“We must also note that over 200,000 Americans have died of COVID, a loss to America made worse by Donald Trump’s recklessness and lies. The election continues. Donald Trump must be defeated. The Lincoln Project will continue to prosecute the case against Trump every day from now until Joe Biden takes the oath of office.”
- Florida Lawyer In Jailhouse Sex Filming Loses LicenceA Florida lawyer who filmed himself soliciting sex from three inmates, one being […] More
- The BigLaw TikTok Lawyer Who Has Become A Major Legal Jobs InfluencerA pandemic-ruined birthday lead to lawyer Cecillia Xie deciding that she would make […] More
- “Happy Divorce” – How One Law Firm Is Making Valentines Day A Free Divorce DayCall it law firm marketing or a Valentine Day initiative like few others, […] More
- “Walking Dead” Lawyer Sues Former Law Firm For Unpaid Fees in LA LawsuitIt’s not ‘Walking Dead’ or ‘Bones’ that is akin to this case but […] More
- Formidable British QC Agrees To Prosecute Hong Kong ProtestersDavid Perry QC is regarded as one of Britain’s most formidable Queens’ Counsel, […] More
- Read The Second Trump Impeachment ArticleDonald Trump faces trial in the Senate after becoming the first US president […] More
- US Lawyer Arrested in Hong Kong Under New Security LawA human rights awyer who has lived and practised in Hong Kong for […] More