Former Black Cap Andrew Penn has returned to his home town Wanganui after spending 12 years working as Executive Legal Counsel at AMP Capital Partners.
He has joined Treadwell Gordon.
He has played five one day internationals for New Zealand as a Black Cap and toured overseas three times with the team.
He was described once in a Herald article as the sort of cricketer sports psychologists perform case studies on, following his seizing up in a match against Sri Lanka.
Penn had the sort of game sports psychologists perform case-studies on, bowling four wides in his second over – which went for 19 runs – and letting loose another four wides when introduced later in the innings.NZ Herald report, 2001
However Penn, a commercial and property lawyer, has told the local media he is excited to be back in his old stomping ground of Wanganui. Treadwell Gordon are the largest law firm in the city with four partners and six principals, of whom Penn is one.
Recent News on LawFuel
- What Can Law Firms And In-House Legal Departments Learn About Law Firm Diversity?AbovetheLaw ran this article from Cadence Counsel’s David Lat, who spoke with a Fortune 500 […] More
- Why Decorum Still Matters, Even In A ‘Zoom Court’Ken Broda-Bahm At this point, I will wager that we’ve all seen the hilarious video from the 394th […] More
- Litify Named by LawFuel, the Industry-Leading Legal Publication, as #1 in Practice Management Software for Law Firms, In-House Counsel, Government Entities and NonprofitsPrestigious “top pick” ranking follows a year of explosive growth for Litify across law firms, […] More
- What Do Legal Professionals Expect To Be The Biggest Legal Tech Trends in 2021?What are the biggest trends in legal tech in 2021? What are the types of […] More
- Tributes Flow For Former NZLS President and ‘Good, Kind Man’ Jonathan TemmTributes have flowed for former Law Society president Jonathan Temm, 58, who died this week. […] More
- LawFuel’s 2020 New Zealand Lawyer of the YearLawyer of the Year Sponsors LexisNexis New Zealand Staedtler – The pens successful lawyers […] More
- ‘Cutting Edge’ Cryptocurrency Scheme Just Fake, Says US Attorney As Executive Gets 8 Years JailIlan T. Graff, the Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 […] More